Surepost and the new contract

jaker

trolling
Not necessarily. More volume equals more FT routes and drivers. At least that's what I suspect.
And what company do you work for again to expect that

Is there even a way for ups to tell the difference , we have all had a sure post pkg or a reg pkg and show up and see a sure post by the door already

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is there even a way for ups to tell the difference , we have all had a sure post pkg or a reg pkg and show up and see a sure post by the door already

Did you have a pkg for that stop or adjacent stops the previous day?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The driver has no say as to whether or not to deliver a Surepost to the consignee or to the Post Office. The Post Office cannot scan and then hand back a Surepost for us to deliver. It would show as a misdelivered package w/two scans unless you are not scanning it and are just leaving it with the other package(s).

Sent using BrownCafe App

not rescanned

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Your local Post Office is OK with accepting Surepost packages not addressed to them? Your customers are OK with you adding an unnecessary delay to their transit time? Do you realize that Surepost packages delivered to the Post Office are delayed at least a day and if the choice came down to one of theirs and one of ours they would deliver theirs first?

Do the right thing-----deliver them to where they are addressed.

I do. To the post office

upsyo

If I don't have to go to the house for a UPS package already. I do bring it to the post office. I can save me up to 30 miles a day. Bypassing 2-4 surepost bags. UPS knows this.

As to the prompt --it changed so much. At one point everyone was sooooo confused . By how to do it. Yes for no. And no for yes. Then I was directed to hit NO every time no matter if I was at a post office or not. Don't worry UPS is making /saving money with surepost.

You do realize the customer could be paying $3.50 to upgrade that surepost package to ground service. I'd be very careful if you are taking a package to the post office when ups has it redirected to the consignee.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Working as directed. If it saves me miles. They said bring it to the post office. Their call --not mine. I would deliver every pkg if I was able too.

Rainman

Its all good.
Your local Post Office is OK with accepting Surepost packages not addressed to them? Your customers are OK with you adding an unnecessary delay to their transit time? Do you realize that Surepost packages delivered to the Post Office are delayed at least a day and if the choice came down to one of theirs and one of ours they would deliver theirs first?

Do the right thing-----deliver them to where they are addressed.
Sure post packages are not guaranteed to be delivered on a particular date. They are the exception to the rule. But I agree with you, deliver them to the proper address. This could mean additional routes and additional jobs if everyone does as they should. The drivers before us did it the right way, helping preserve/create jobs for us, it's our turn to watch out for future drivers.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

10 point

You do realize the customer could be paying $3.50 to upgrade that surepost package to ground service. I'd be very careful if you are taking a package to the post office when ups has it redirected to the consignee.
Our PDS said it is an extra $1.50 per pkg and that UPS had to pay a $1.50 charge to the post office for us delivering the pkg to the consignee that ordered it.
We have rural P.O.'s that close before our drivers get there. They only get one or two packages a week but if they're not there the third attempt we have to deliver the pkg to the final consignee address... if it's not a P.O. box.
The company has 120 days from ratification to revamp Surepost to contract language, FYI.

Last edited:

10 point

The computer is picking and choosing. The PTers who process the Surepost in my center have no control over which ones we keep and which ones go to the Post Office----they barely have enough time to get the volume processed before start time.

I was also curious as to why we are no longer prompted to answer yes or no when we deliver numerous Sureposts to a non-Post Office address.
The part timers WILL have control over the situation if they read the final address. If they find fraud and have to start reading the final address on each pkg and that action doesn't get the sort down for an additional 45 min I bet the company will be more inclined to fix the system with a "sense of urgency".

10 point

Do you think management wants to get the lid off Pandora's Box by forcing us to look at every pkg?
We will if we find fraud 120 days after ratification and the IBT better back us up on it.

10 point

Left thete from the day before via the p.o..
Our system already has been set up to recoup revenue from address history deliveries.
For years, the OMS's have been qualifying addresses as resi or commercial. The system KNOWS the difference because it has been extracting $ from shippers that drivers stop complete as resi that the shipper says is commercial.

Our system should be able to now kick those surepost pkgs out of the system and send it down the belts to be loaded onto package cars to be delivered to the commercial stops.
There's no excuse for ignorance now.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I imagine UPS will respond that it is Teamsters that are not doing their job correctly is the reason Surepost packages are not redirected at the destination center.