Surepost discussion talks with union and ups

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On a weekly basis I deliver to atleast a handful of stops that had already delivered some of our sure post.

I just scan them take note of the address and move on

The Surepost that you saw was delivered the day before.

When you say that you scan---are you saying that you visually scan them for reference or do you actually scan/sheet them?

By The Book

On a weekly basis I deliver to atleast a handful of stops that had already delivered some of our sure post.

Are you saying you scan parcels that were on someone's porch that you didn't walk up there with?, please explain why

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

That's the stupidest thing I've heard in awhile !!!
Plus, you can get fired for that kind of stunt !!!
A purely moronic move !!!

As far as I know, the two pkgs have to be a day apart. But just this week, now we've implemented "synchronized delivery" so we're holding regular ground pkgs to match up with another ground. Business and stuff right in the city, probably 8 different drivers driving right by it a couple of times a day. even holding over the weekend. Way to go with the customer service, UP, uh, S?

I guess I could file a grievance on the couple of apt complex Surepost packages I've come across. I'm not sure how I would word it.
I'm so slammed lately I haven't had time to keep looking for them. BUT, I'm sure it's easy to see them ALL on a computer.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I guess I could file a grievance on the couple of apt complex Surepost packages I've come across. I'm not sure how I would word it.
I'm so slammed lately I haven't had time to keep looking for them. BUT, I'm sure it's easy to see them ALL on a computer.
This whole system of surepost needs an overhaul....has to be addressed in the next contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As far as I know, the two pkgs have to be a day apart. But just this week, now we've implemented "synchronized delivery" so we're holding regular ground pkgs to match up with another ground. Business and stuff right in the city, probably 8 different drivers driving right by it a couple of times a day. even holding over the weekend. Way to go with the customer service, UP, uh, S?
So the package gets put on a car but it doesn't get delivered....

This whole system of surepost needs an overhaul....has to be addressed in the next contract
I know. It seems like a total scam. Only thing I could see would be a little consolidation maybe on addresses that are 50 miles from nowhere, unless said address is getting charged extra for those miles.
Back in 94 when I drove while going to college, computers were just getting big. I remeber a manager telling me then that UPS wasn't interested in being able to deliver packages to everyone's house like the post office does.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I know. It seems like a total scam. Only thing I could see would be a little consolidation maybe on addresses that are 50 miles from nowhere, unless said address is getting charged extra for those miles.
Back in 94 when I drove while going to college, computers were just getting big. I remeber a manager telling me then that UPS wasn't interested in being able to deliver packages to everyone's house like the post office does.

Surepost packages have no delivery guarantee date, which coincides with its low price.
Customers have no idea what day these are going to be delivered.
These packages would be sent to the post office and delivered the next day anyways, so holding it in our facility an extra day is not terrible.
It does look shady that they have the technology to know what packages to hold back service on.

Surepost packages have no delivery guarantee date, which coincides with its low price.
Customers have no idea what day these are going to be delivered.
These packages would be sent to the post office and delivered the next day anyways, so holding it in our facility an extra day is not terrible.
It does look shady that they have the technology to know what packages to hold back service on.
We started holding UPS Ground packages, now, too.
It's all to reduce stops. Most of our sp is right here in the city. We would add at least 2 routes if we kept it.
Just the fact that UPS wouldn't lose money by reducing Surepost. And with online sales increasing every year, it would be nice to see us cogs make a profit, too.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
People are getting multiple package many times a week now....especially these scammers, I mean Amazon folks who get free or reduced prices on nick nacks to try out for an "honest review "lmao... Anyway, the density is there and all that.. We really need some of that work back ... Keep our guys working instead of the post office and if they don't want to do that get a no layoff clause in the contract then ...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We started holding UPS Ground packages, now, too.
It's all to reduce stops. Most of our sp is right here in the city. We would add at least 2 routes if we kept it.
Just the fact that UPS wouldn't lose money by reducing Surepost. And with online sales increasing every year, it would be nice to see us cogs make a profit, too.
I've said from day one and I'll say it again(sound familiar...aka Dave) that we need somekind of service like this but when I'm delivering a ground and have a couple surepost stops 30 seconds away that is bogus that we aren't getting them... The unions big scam was getting surepost back on the car that was attached to a ground pkg.... I'm sure the company laughed all the way to the bank in that " enhancement"....that didn't give us any more stops.. It was just more bulk... That's it, just more digging around. I know Dave has mentioned he has seen individual surepost pkgs going back on the car 1 pkg one stop but I haven't seen that more than a couple of time....the whole thing is a scam total scam

The Surepost that you saw was delivered the day before.

When you say that you scan---are you saying that you visually scan them for reference or do you actually scan/sheet them?
I take it that @Deemster scans his UPS ground package only.
The actual Surepost pig might sit at the post office for a day or two before post office delivers it.
My drivers tell me they'll be at an apt complex with a small envelope, and post office lady has a cart delivering big Surepost boxes!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
150 Hold for deliver next day.
900 Surepost. My arms are about to crack off at the elbows
even if half that volume went to the po.. That is still 3 or 4 routes we are loosing out on, and times that per center and we are giving po millions of pkgs a year

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I take it that @Deemster scans his UPS ground package only.
The actual Surepost pig might sit at the post office for a day or two before post office delivers it.
My drivers tell me they'll be at an apt complex with a small envelope, and post office lady has a cart delivering big Surepost boxes!
The post office has publically said that parcel delivery is their future because mail has been declining year after year and much of these parcels are coming from ups and fedex.... There needs to be much better language when dealing with this....union has no idea what's going on or just doesn't care... Totally acceptable