T-dollies

chev

Nightcrawler
Can someone posts pic of one? Haven't seen any in my area. Haven't pulled doubles in quite a while since I went to day time cpu work.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I would file a grievance on that with copy to:

-Dept of Labor-- if/when the union fails to protect employee and (the important one);

-DOT. They will probably be interested in knowing our company is placing equipment on the road that: 1) doesn't work as designed 2) renders equipment damaged/inoperable which could cause a accident and 3) could cause injury/death to the motoring public.

I'm not sure that he was charged. It wasn't our hub. Their first reaction is always blame the driver.

Brown Now

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1473564562.965431.jpg

chev

Nightcrawler
Thank you for posting the pic. That thing is really weird looking. I'm guessing there's supposed to be some added safety benefit to these that has unfortunately gone wrong.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Thank you for posting the pic. That thing is really weird looking. I'm guessing there's supposed to be some added safety benefit to these that has unfortunately gone wrong.

The purpose of the T dolly is fuel mileage. When the ram retracts, it pulls the rear trailer closer to the front, reducing drag and increasing fuel mileage.

What went wrong is that the hydraulic oil tanks are falling off. If it falls off on the highway, the ram can no longer extend when the set falls below 45 mph. Not good.

They do not have any fix campaign at the moment, only to red tag all the T dollies.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
PCM here is to not use them, and red tag them if they come on property. We already noticed the front air hose is extra susceptible to being cut/crushed/damaged in the yard by a shifter using a dolly lifter, or if 'bumped' when putting a set together.
There's some lifting handle campaign out now. Not sure if it is just those new models.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Received an email Thursday forwarded from the VP of Automotive. All of them are to be red tagged until a campaign to repair a fastener issue on the tank. Like Mugarolla said.