Teamsters Endorse OBAMA

mikestrek

Here are your leaders!

palin-lipstick.jpg
Couldn't have said it up better. Turns out a picture is worth a thousand words.

paidslave

Originally Posted by brett636
This thread is full of laughs. Especially when Mike and paidslave make it appear that voting in Obama is in my best interests. The way I look at it is this, I can always find another job, but I will never find another country as great as this one. Regardless of what my pay or benefits are I know that as long as I can work, I can succeed in this country. Its something Obama and most democrats want us to forget.

My current observations on this teamsters endorsement of Obama is the only ones seriously supporting him are the teamster leadership, and a few brainless followers. The rest are voting for McCain.
Brett, Here in my center, Not all but most of us are voting Obama. All I can say is go ahead and work for FED-EX right down the street and tell us all then if you don't care for unions?

I don't think Fed-ex would hire him. Brett is out of touch with reality. We are nearing in on 8% umemployment as we speak......He might get a driver helper job. Maybe not, I think the only thing he is good at is delivering is propaganda....I am sure it will pay very well!

I wish him well at Fed Ex.....the non-union shop....It amazes me that most FedEx drivers Wish there were Union......And here we have brett going against what The Union Endorses. It really blows my mind.....It is nothing but immaturity!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wish him well at Fed Ex.....the non-union shop....It amazes me that most FedEx drivers Wish there were Union......And here we have brett going against what The Union Endorses. !

Be careful in this thinking paidslave...unions do not guarantee jobs.
Unions guarantee that jobs will be eliminated in least seniority to most seniority order.

mikestrek

Originally Posted by brett636
This thread is full of laughs. Especially when Mike and paidslave make it appear that voting in Obama is in my best interests. The way I look at it is this, I can always find another job, but I will never find another country as great as this one. Regardless of what my pay or benefits are I know that as long as I can work, I can succeed in this country. Its something Obama and most democrats want us to forget.

My current observations on this teamsters endorsement of Obama is the only ones seriously supporting him are the teamster leadership, and a few brainless followers. The rest are voting for McCain.
Brett, Here in my center, Not all but most of us are voting Obama. All I can say is go ahead and work for FED-EX right down the street and tell us all then if you don't care for unions?

I don't think Fed-ex would hire him. Brett is out of touch with reality. We are nearing in on 8% umemployment as we speak......He might get a driver helper job. Maybe not, I think the only thing he is good at is delivering is propaganda....I am sure it will pay very well!

I wish him well at Fed Ex.....the non-union shop....It amazes me that most FedEx drivers Wish there were Union......And here we have brett going against what The Union Endorses. It really blows my mind.....It is nothing but immaturity!
I would have to agree with you. I had a fed-ex air driver come up to me about a month ago. He asked me for UNION information. I have the LOCAL number in my cell phone so I gave it to him. He hasn't got back to me on it but I could tell he was stressed by something. And you hear some guys in hear that don't appriciate what they have. I say try out Fed-Ex for a while and you'll be wishing you were back at a UNION job like UPS. I don't get it also.

Talk about, Bite the hand that feeds you.

paidslave

Be careful in this thinking paidslave...unions do not guarantee jobs.
Unions guarantee that jobs will be eliminated in least seniority to most seniority order.

I had reread and reread this post and I don't see where I said Unions Guarantee jobs....Please show me where you read this from?

The only thing that Guarantees Jobs is Hard work and repeat customers. Something that I work hard at everyday to keep my customers happy! That is what keeps my job and UPS prospering . Not my attitude as such that I can find a job anywhere that I want, like Brett Believes....

upsgrunt

Very Mature Comeback.......
He was a lean mean fast machine in his day, but unfortunately the Maverick is an old outdated rust bucket.

It's just as mature as what you and Mike are posting. It's a legit question- do you do everything the union tells you?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I had reread and reread this post and I don't see where I said Unions Guarantee jobs....Please show me where you read this from?

I'll take you at your word...I read between the lines of your reply to brett636.
Upon rereading your post with your assertion that you did not mean to imply "stick with Unions to ensure your job", I withdraw my warning.

Please accept my apology.

paidslave

It's just as mature as what you and Mike are posting. It's a legit question- do you do everything the union tells you?

For the most part YES but I have my own mind as well. Voting for a McCain will not help out Organized Labor that we provide.....If is secures MY job and YOUR job why wouldn't I?

upsgrunt

You and Mike are entitled to your opinion and vote, just like the rest of us. If you think that you are doing Obama a favor by your elementary rants of "where are the WMD's" and Bush bashing, I think you are wrong. When someone pushes their opinions like you and Mike are, it tends to have the opposite effect and more people will go against you simply because you are trying so hard to push your opinions on them.

Simply put, we know your opinions, and we know who you are voting for- now respect ours and quit trying to be "Hitlers" on here by FORCING your opinions on us.

paidslave

I'll take you at your word...I read between the lines of your reply to brett636.
Upon rereading your post with your assertion that you did not mean to imply "stick with Unions to ensure your job", I withdraw my warning.

Please accept my apology.

Apology accepted! Plain and simple I am not voting for the Party that is only for the top 1% wage earners and not just because the Union Endorses Democrats! There are many reasons....:peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You and Mike are entitled to your opinion and vote, just like the rest of us. If you think that you are doing Obama a favor by your elementary rants of "where are the WMD's" and Bush bashing, I think you are wrong. When someone pushes their opinions like you and Mike are, it tends to have the opposite effect and more people will go against you simply because you are trying so hard to push your opinions on them.

Simply put, we know your opinions, and we know who you are voting for- now respect ours and quit trying to be "Hitlers" on here by FORCING your opinions on us.

Sometime the best way to deal with obnoxious kids is to ignore them.
They are probably acting the way they are just to get attention!

paidslave

You're right everyone picks their noses and gets paid for it!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I dont even know were to begin! As i have just spent over a half hour reading this thread, some really good points have been made and just as many bad points.

I am an Obama supporter and i believe that Obama will win. People want change and really want to believe that it can happen. People will vote for Obama because they see McCain and george w the third.

People have said that McCain will not bring more politics into the mix, yet as president he will appoint sevearl supreme court justices to over turn legal abortions.
Should the government have the right to tell anyone what to do with their body?

McCain will tax our medical benefits that we now receive from being part of a cba, but will give breaks to people that have to purchase their own medical plan.

Just a couple of examples of more oversight from the government and screwing the middle class working man/woman.

The rich are getting richer when the poor are getting poorer, the gap is widening from the upper class to middle class.

These are my views and i dont expect anyonr to change their mind of form a decision from my post. As a voter you have to sit down and research which canidate will best serve your best interets. If you cant/wont take the time to research than you should not take the time to vote!

Now there's a point of view that doesn't come across as a slap in the face. Thanks 705 for explaining how you feel, why you feel that way and how you will vote. Thanks for not saying that everyone that disagrees with you is wrong or out of his/her mind.

I say now, that we've gotten into the 9th page of this thread, we agree to disagree and vote for the person/party of our CHOICE. I love America for that reason, we can choose who we want, no matter what anyone thinks. Everyone here has there own opinion. Your opinion is just that, your own. Just because you think you're right, does not make you the Lord of this or any forum. Anyone that looks down on someone, because they make a different choice, and belittles them for making that choice, is a bully. This afterall is America and we all have inalienable rights. Those rights do not include bullying people that don't agree with a certain point of view. What will it be next, death because we don't agree? Osama and the radical Muslims kill those that don't agree with them and those they don't agree with. For goodness sakes, I don't even agree with my own wife about the bath soap we use. Is this what the end result will be? C'mon people, this thread is about Obama being endorsed by the teamsters. Have the Teamsters ever supported a Republican? Okay, so now the Teamsters have endorsed Obama. What have we all to say about this? Does this mean that we as Teamsters have to support this choice? Does being a Teamster automatically make me a Democrat? If I don't vote for Obama, is my life and that of my family at stake here? Will my BM and Steward make frequent, unscheduled visits to my house? What does the fact that the Teamsters have endorsed Obama for president mean to me/us?

To me this simply means that the Teamsters, through much thinking and research, have chosen their candidate. Well goody for them/us. And may we all choose wisely and not be forced to make a decision about our governing officials.

brett636

Talk about, Bite the hand that feeds you.

You apparently have trouble distinguishing between the hand that feeds you, and the pair of hands that play you like a puppet on a string. You see, UPS, not the teamsters, is the one that gives you a paycheck and gives you those great benefits you enjoy. The teamsters simply negotiate a contract, and dissappear back to their headquarters for another 5 years. Some could argue that Obama's economic plans will hurt this country rather than help it, and I happen to agree. If UPS loses business then I am less likely to be able to move up into a better paying job(currently combo air driver aspiring to go feeder), and could threaten the very job I have. Lets not forget the fact that I will end up paying more money in taxes to an even more powerful federal government should he become President. I have seen no indication from McCain that he will destroy unions in this country, but Obama has said multiple times that he will raise taxes, take over healthcare, and weaken our military. My conscience will not allow me to vote for anybody who supports this kind of agenda.

The only thing that Guarantees Jobs is Hard work and repeat customers. Something that I work hard at everyday to keep my customers happy! That is what keeps my job and UPS prospering . Not my attitude as such that I can find a job anywhere that I want, like Brett Believes....

The only thing that guarantees jobs is PROFITS...