Tentative Agreement

article22

Banned
RECORD breaking day....... SUBPar contract...

There are no highlights.... The simple fact of paying 20% of your doctors bills is an automatic no for anyone with a brain!!! This contract is full of givebacks!!! U heard it here first!!!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Re: RECORD breaking day....... SUBPar contract...

The odds of everyone moving to the central states plan is pretty low...the logistics is mind boggling. My guess is local pters are going to go on their local union plan. And if there isn't one, then they'll piggy back onto whichever is closest to them. Just my guess.

kingOFchester

Curious to know when they will release the details of the union plan. Deductibles, limits, networks, co-pays. Will this information be released when they release the financial details of the contract, or will they hold those card tight for a while?

My bet, if the insurance has higher co-pays, deductibles and a limited network, they will hold that information back in hopes that most teamsters will look at the contract and not pay attention to the details of the health.

Further more, I am willing to bet we will go into the current largest teamsters plan. Lets say that the largest current plan already has 30k teamsters in it, then right out of the gate the contract would get most of those votes as a yes as their plan would not change.

We shall see.

Evil

On this day where the company boasted of huge earnings we are given a subpar proposal..... Although all the details Are not out yet.....it looks like Hoffa and his crew sold us out!!!! The end.....

They have sold us out thus far, but we the members have the power to vote NO!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Curious to know when they will release the details of the union plan. Deductibles, limits, networks, co-pays. Will this information be released when they release the financial details of the contract, or will they hold those card tight for a while?

My bet, if the insurance has higher co-pays, deductibles and a limited network, they will hold that information back in hopes that most teamsters will look at the contract and not pay attention to the details of the health.

We shall see.
ill be looking real close at those details. As a part timer, the health insurance for my family is the most important thing for me.

The International Union announced it has reached a tentative agreement on new five-year national contracts at UPS and UPS Freight. Negotiations on some important supplements are still not completed.

Details on the new national agreements are still sketchy due to the ongoing information brownout.

All UPS Teamsters in company health plans will be moved into union health plans.

The contract includes $1/hour increases in contributions to pension and healthcare benefits each year, the same amount as the last contract.

Wage increases under the five-year deal are reportedly 70 cents in each of the first three years, followed by raises of 90 cents in the fourth year and one dollar in the last year.

The IBT is reporting that part-timers will get a “substantial” pay increase including an increase in the starting wage rate for part-timers, which was falling behind minimum wage in a growing number of areas.

The IBT press release does not include any information about the signature issues of production harassment and excessive overtime.

The IBT reports that the UPS Freight agreement “resolves subcontracting issues.” The new subcontracting provisions of both agreements deserve careful scrutiny.

Members will have a chance to review these and other important language changes before the contract ratification votes. First, the proposed contracts will be reviewed at separate upcoming meetings of two representatives from each UPS and UPS Freight local.

TDU and Make UPS Deliver will provide detailed contract information as it becomes available. We urge all UPS and UPS Freight Teamsters to carefully review the proposed agreements, attend local union contract meetings, ask questions, and cast an informed vote

Clear here to the read the Internatio

mva1985

Part timers deserve a substantial increase in pay.

BUT move the Teamsters from a company plan to Central States - I don't think so

article22

Banned
RECORD breaking day....... SUBPar contract...

Def a no vote. But There's clowns on here praising hall like he did a good job!!! Hopefully the majority of the voters know how to read and have common sense

UPSGUY72

There are no highlights.... The simple fact of paying 20% of your doctors bills is an automatic no for anyone with a brain!!! This contract is full of givebacks!!! U heard it here first!!!

Please get grip on things until all the details are put on the table for us to see....

UPSGUY72

Further more, I am willing to bet we will go into the current largest teamsters plan. Lets say that the largest current plan already has 30k teamsters in it, then right out of the gate the contract would get most of those votes as a yes as their plan would not change.

We shall see.

I pay basically have no copays in the teamster run New England healthcare plan.

Last edited:

quamba 638

No need to be a negative Nancy until you know exactly what is on the agreement. Paying 20% of a doctor bill would be a highlight of the contract in my opinion. Highlight definition: something that is of major significance
or special interest.

UPSGUY72

Re: I guess there is no strike....

My guess is we will have a wage and benefit package that is the envy of the industry.

We already do it's just going to get a little better. I have truckers tell me all the time when I'm loading my car at a dock that's why you guys get paid the big bucks....

804brown

Tentative Contract Deals Reached at UPS and UPS Freight

The International Union announced it has reached a tentative agreement on new five-year national contracts at UPS and UPS Freight. Negotiations on some important supplements are still not completed.

Details on the new national agreements are still sketchy due to the ongoing information brownout.

All UPS Teamsters in company health plans will be moved into union health plans.

The contract includes $1/hour increases in contributions to pension and healthcare benefits each year, the same amount as the last contract.

Wage increases under the five-year deal are reportedly 70 cents in each of the first three years, followed by raises of 90 cents in the fourth year and one dollar in the last year.

The IBT is reporting that part-timers will get a “substantial” pay increase including an increase in the starting wage rate for part-timers, which was falling behind minimum wage in a growing number of areas.

The IBT press release does not include any information about the signature issues of production harassment and excessive overtime.

The IBT reports that the UPS Freight agreement “resolves subcontracting issues.” The new subcontracting provisions of both agreements deserve careful scrutiny.

Members will have a chance to review these and other important language changes before the contract ratification votes. First, the proposed contracts will be reviewed at separate upcoming meetings of two representatives from each UPS and UPS Freight local.

TDU and Make UPS Deliver will provide detailed contract information as it becomes available. We urge all UPS and UPS Freight Teamsters to carefully review the proposed agreements, attend local union contract meetings, ask questions, and cast an informed vote.

Clear here to the read the International Union’s press release on the tentative agreements at UPS and UPS Freight.

Click here to send your comments or concerns to us at Make UPS Deliver.

Click here to send your comments or concerns to us at UPS Freight Talk.

pretender

Re: Teamsters Reach Tentative Agreements Covering 250,000 Workers At UPS, UPS Freight

If I move into the Central State Plan, I will be paying this: 10.00 more per visit for dr. (this is fine). My prescriptions are almost 2300.00 per month for high blood pressure and diabetes in my family. I will have to pay 20% of this (currently I pay 65.00), that is 460.00 more per month, I also will be responsible for the first 2000.00 worth of bills (which prescriptions AND co-pays do not count.) CUrrently I don't have to pay anything but 25.00 for ER visits, that goes to 20%. Also, my tests for my diabetes is currently at 100% (diagnostic) and I will then have to pay 20%. So, in essence, goign to the CS plan, I am going to pay at the very LEAST over $7,000 more next year. This may not affect many of you now, but as you get older, it will. After having 25+ years in, I will be extremely disappointed into going into a plan that you could end up paying thousands of dollars for. IF someone in your family gets cancer, you could feasibly have chemo that costs 20,000 per month...of which you will be paying 20% of that cost. Why are we goign to settle? I researched this quite a bit. The plan is weaker than my wife's and hers is REALLY bad. Just a warning..research it before you vote. ALl of the part-timers (who won't be here in 5 years), will vote yes, for the immediate pay raise. To be honest, I think we are screwed. Unless the plan has changed, I just lost everything I have worked for all these years. Once you lose it, you WON"T get it back.

I don't mind paying $20 to go to the doctor, or to have my teeth cleaned. 80% prescription coverage is a huge deal, especially if the plan will not be universal. I don't think it is right for someone who is not going to be affected, to be able to vote to degrade another person's coverages. I agree that if they model it after one of the better union plans, then it would be more palatable.

Are retirees currently on a company plan going to be switched over also? It would be nice to be given a choice--Since we are already paying for it, I would gladly stay with the company plan, at $400/month. Even if premiums were raised for retirees now paying $50 per month, it would still be cheaper in the long run. Just because something is "free", does not make it less expensive...

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Re: I guess there is no strike....

oh hef, arent you cute...this company LIVES to treat its employees like dogs...which is sad because it doesnt have to be like that!

Everyone votes no on every contract yet they all seem to pass. This one will be no different.

Maybe because it is rigged to begin with? Government elections are. Union will follow suit. I don't trust either. No vote no matter for me

3216mjh

UPS Tentative Agreement

Yesterday, I read the articles on a teamster website that they were looking at moving employees off the company health care plan into Union Health Care plans. So I started doing some research. I did an online search for "Teamster Unions Health Plans." Of course there are several different ones to choose from so I started pulling different ones up from different websites - at least those that didn't require a password to enter. Bottom line is this: NONE of the ones I could view online were better than what we currently have with the company. I know that Central States' plan sucks - BAD! I know we are lucky. Currently, we don't pay premiums, our family deductible is $150, prescriptions are $0 (paid 100% by the plan), I have yet to pay any hospital bills, as that is 100% covered by BCBSIL, we pay a 20% co-pay on office visits (averaging $12.48) and we can go to whatever doctor we want - no sticking to an in-network provider. I did not find one union plan (again, that was viewable online) that even came close.

Now, unless one of the UNION health care plans can offer the EXACT SAME THING or something better, why on earth would we vote YES for something else??? The people who are ticked off about being in the Central States health care have union officials that sold them out years back and the union members voted it in. Do your homework, folks. Ask for information before you vote this in. I think that there is a behind the scene deal between the Teamsters and UPS on this health care deal. Let's say, UPS is paying the company big bucks for the TEAMSTERS to take the risk. BIG BUCKS THAT THEY COULD BE SPENDING ON COVERING THE HIGHER COST OF HEALTH CARE "THEY CLAIM" IS RISING. Remember...UPS paid for our company sponsored health care last year when they made $4 billion in profits. This year they are on track to making more and they can't cover the rising cost??? UPS is a large company with thousands of employees, folks. The more employees you have, the less cost and more negotiating power you have. Trust me, UPS can cover the health care costs and probably would save money to put us all in the same plan with even BETTER benefits that I currently have for everyone because of the price negotiating power they would have with the insurance provider.

I say DON'T VOTE THIS CONTRACT IN till you get full disclosure on the health care - DETAILED information, not just a summary. Once you lose what you have, there is no getting it back.

Also, it appears that wage increase for the full timers are no better than what they got last year. No raise, higher profits again means more money for health care.

As for retirement benefits, each union local has different benefits. I thought that our local had a great retirement benefit until I saw where the employees in Arizona are getting a better deal.

People: get out there online and do your research. Not all information is available but the info that is? It's definitely enlightening and gives you the power of knowledge to make an informed decision in your vote.

Oh yes...we all know that you never say "yes" to the first offer anyways, right?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Dear brothers. The company plan that is so much better was going to cost you 90 bucks a week. The parties found away to keep it free.