The FedEx Ground Threat

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
UPS is so much bigger than FDX it's not even funny ... I don't think FDXG taking a few contracts away from them scares them .. shippers go back and forth all the time ..

MFE has an axe to grind with FDX management and he's now asking Brown to do his dirty work for him? it's hilarious ... dude needs to find a hobby!

Really? Interesting that the media is widely reporting that FedEx Ground has made significant inroads to UPS market share. Take a look at the home page of this site before you post something stupid again.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Article in Allentown PA newspaper today stated Fedex Ground was going to build the largest hub on Earth on the former Bethlehem Steel property within 3 years...sounds and feels threatening

Nothing to see here, move along. This is undoubtedly going to happen, and meanwhile--UPS does nothing. Fred S can afford to build new, state-of-the-art facilities because he's making money hand over fist by taking away UPS Brown packages. When will your company figure this out? Better yet, when will they discover that they cannot compete with drivers who get paid a third of what a package car driver makes.

MaineGroundDriver

Really? Interesting that the media is widely reporting that FedEx Ground has made significant inroads to UPS market share. Take a look at the home page of this site before you post something stupid again.

Hey, I learn from the best .. you post some of the most stupid comments I've read on this forum ..

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Yes I agree. The one thing UPS knows how to do is make money. Believe me, they'll turn over every rock. And as long as it makes money...they just deal with whatever crawls out.
Everybody who isn't the best always hates the best. As stupid as corporate ups seems they are always three steps ahead. They will cut everyone's throat.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Feel the boom!! Now embrace it!! I think people that hate Hoffa are ill informed. You can say this, that and the other thing about any political figure head. (example: Current economy- Bush or Obama?) Your correct 407, I met him a dozen times. Brilliant guy.
These people that think he sells us out is crazy. When it's contract time, it's not just a Teamsters vs UPS attitude. There are many other factors to assimilate. Leave that to our labor lawyers. I'm with ya 407!!

Hoffa has been a zero for us here at FedEx, and he's got a sheetload of people waiting to sign cards...and he does nothing. Here's what UPSers don't understand about FedEx. Just mentioning the union at FedEx will get you on a watch list, and if you actively try and organize..you are out the door.

I get so tired of you protected Teamsters telling us here at FedEx that we need to " stand-up for ourselves" and "Take Action". You're looking at it through the lens of your protective Teamsters cocoon, which we don't have. In fact, we have nothing. You start passing out flyers and you disappear..got it?

bbsam

Staff member
My one customer has a set 6pm pickup with FedEx ground. I see, with my own two eyes, the driver making pickup attempts at 4:30 when I am there. I've asked the customer if that is when he is usually there and they informed me of the 6pm pickup but have seen him there as early as 3pm wanting to make his daily pickup attempt. This isn't just once. It's 2-3 times per week.
That's a little doubtful. We don't work like that. Most pickups are on a window, usually two hours. Probably in this case 4 to 6. If it really bothers the customer, a call to sales would most likely get immediate action by the contractor.

bbsam

Staff member
Then you are stupid. I've met him a bunch. He is a smart friend...er. He was a corporate attorney bro. He also hates Fred S. So does ups while we are at it. We are going to win. Ups always does. Until we are beatin we are the best and everyone else will lose.

God bless
Maybe as a corporate attorney Hoffa knows that money spent going after Ground is money foolishly spent.

stink219

Feel the boom!! Now embrace it!! I think people that hate Hoffa are ill informed. You can say this, that and the other thing about any political figure head. (example: Current economy- Bush or Obama?) Your correct 407, I met him a dozen times. Brilliant guy.
These people that think he sells us out is crazy. When it's contract time, it's not just a Teamsters vs UPS attitude. There are many other factors to assimilate. Leave that to our labor lawyers. I'm with ya 407!!

Hoffa has been a zero for us here at FedEx, and he's got a sheetload of people waiting to sign cards...and he does nothing. Here's what UPSers don't understand about FedEx. Just mentioning the union at FedEx will get you on a watch list, and if you actively try and organize..you are out the door.

I get so tired of you protected Teamsters telling us here at FedEx that we need to " stand-up for ourselves" and "Take Action". You're looking at it through the lens of your protective Teamsters cocoon, which we don't have. In fact, we have nothing. You start passing out flyers and you disappear..got it?
You answered your own question! You sign your cards to organize, then you don't follow through because of pressure? ANY Teamster president can't just accept FedEx into the union. The essence of union is for you folks to unite. You showed Hoffa that you were not interested. Once your company says were keeping our eye on you, you disband. It's sad! I really wish you guys were unionized. You guys are already on a watch list everyday, so what's the difference?

barnyard

KTM rider
You guys are already on a watch list everyday, so what's the difference?

Losing a job trying to organize is a pretty big deal. The Teamsters have tried to organize a local, regional company a couple of times. 1 of the times, a driver for the company was fired for dealing with the Teamsters. The Teamsters helped the guy with an attorney and he won his unlawful firing. It took almost 2 years though. My business agent knew the guy and he said that the amount of stress he was living under was insane.

It is a heck of a commitment to get fired for the sake of unionizing. I do not know that I know of anyone that would do it.

stink219

You guys are already on a watch list everyday, so what's the difference?

Losing a job trying to organize is a pretty big deal. The Teamsters have tried to organize a local, regional company a couple of times. 1 of the times, a driver for the company was fired for dealing with the Teamsters. The Teamsters helped the guy with an attorney and he won his unlawful firing. It took almost 2 years though. My business agent knew the guy and he said that the amount of stress he was living under was insane.

It is a heck of a commitment to get fired for the sake of unionizing. I do not know that I know of anyone that would do it.
I don't deny it's hard. But don't blame Hoffa because FedEx isn't unionized YET. I know plenty of people that DID do it. The originals that stood up for what we have today. They stuck together and now we (Teamsters) can benefit from their pain and suffering. So when we bitch and complain about what is owed to us, think of them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't deny it's hard. But don't blame Hoffa because FedEx isn't unionized YET. I know plenty of people that DID do it. The originals that stood up for what we have today. They stuck together and now we (Teamsters) can benefit from their pain and suffering. So when we bitch and complain about what is owed to us, think of them.

Mr. Casey invited the Teamsters in. Read your UPS history book.

stink219

Mr. Casey invited the Teamsters in. Read your UPS history book.
I know this. I didn't mean UPS. I mean people like my grandfather who was an over the road guy who almost lost his life on a picket line.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
and your proof?

No proof, just observation of "a man of action" that takes none. Like I've said before, when the Teamsters tried an organization drive back in the 90's, they did a lousy job, and then ran away from those who had stood behind them. Today's Hoffa Teamsters won't even do that much. We need some legal support and national organization before anybody has the means to fight Smith and win. The IBT will provide neither, even though it's obvious by now that Express is ready to go union.

Hoffa talks a good line, but what has he done? Nothing. Is it beyond reason to think that maybe Fred S has a pet who isn't a politician named Jimmy?

barnyard

KTM rider
Are you even halfway familiar with the requirements to organize FE???? If you were, you would understand from a purely business point of view, why it is stupid to pursue FE.

You should talk to your Dr about balancing your meds.

Steward773

and if they are building a huge sort facility, they will be looking for business to sort. I wonder if Amazon is planning a warehouse nearby. If that sort facility is a real thing, UPSers in PA should be nervous.

There is an amazon warehouse already that has been in operation for years. We don't pickup any volume from there it all goes to Willowgrove, our building can't handle the volume.