The last contract progression pay

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by steviemalz305, Aug 7, 2015.

1. steviemalz305

steviemalz305 New Member

Does anyone know what the 3 year progression pay was for full-time drivers were on the last contract? I was hired July27th 2013 and remember reading in the union handbook that after year two my pay would go from 18 an hour to 26 an hour. I received my raise but it only bumped to 20 and hour. Did I get screwed or am I wrong? I don't have the handbook anymore.

2. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Year 2 of progression is 20.75 under old contract

3. steviemalz305

steviemalz305 New Member

4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

That's what were here for.

5. steviemalz305

steviemalz305 New Member

For a year I thought I was gonna get a big jump from 18 to 26 then 26 to top pay next year. All week I thought I was making 26hr..I am sad now

6. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Those progressions are all back loaded for the big bump at the end.

7. steviemalz305

steviemalz305 New Member

So, next July I'll reach top?

8. brownmonster

Yup. 14 dollar raise. Party time. Did you get Union seniority on July 27th or start driving then?

9. steviemalz305

steviemalz305 New Member

I was an outside hire. Jumped right in

10. steviemalz305

steviemalz305 New Member

Straight full time

11. steviemalz305

steviemalz305 New Member

Over here thinking I got it bad living in the keys, making twenty an hour going right to full time from the streets. Realized how truly lucky I am. Trying to stay humble

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. SaladTosser

SaladTosser Member

You are lucky. Some of us waited 10 years

13. brownmonster

The key is your seniority date. You are right on the border between a 3 or 4 year progression. If you made book July 27 you are good.

14. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

His seniority date will be his first day worked. You're looking at the pay scale for an air driver. Their top rate is 26 and change I believe. If your making 20.75 or 21.45 you're under three year progression. Top pay at three complete years.

15. Funtimes

Funtimes Member

Do you receive raises on the day you were hired or the day you made book?

16. Bottom rung

You're seniority date. First day worked. The day you make "book" or seniority is essentially meaningless. It all reverts back to start dates. They might try to hose you. That is their job so....keep an eye out.
    If you were hired and worked day one on 1/1/15 but didn't make book until 2/20/15 your seniority date will be 1/1/15. That's when you'll get your contact raises. Regardless of the last or current contract. I don't believe the four year progression drivers get the yearly increase of seventy/eighty cents.

17. ViewAskew

ViewAskew Active Member

If this is the case then I am owed some money. My FT seniority date is when I made book, not when I won bid

18. Bottom rung

It took over a month before I worked my first day after wining a f/t bid. My seniority date is the first day I worked as a f/t employee. Same when I was p/t. maybe I'm in the BOG?...and don't even know it.

19. ViewAskew

ViewAskew Active Member

I Just read the contract (article 3.4). I think I have a valid grievance.

20. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

FT seniority is first day worked as a FT employee. Not when you make book. For me it was my first day in class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List