Tighten your hand brake

GenericUsername

Man, I'd hate doing this job with hills all over the place. Everywhere I deliver at is flat. The only hills I ever see are some of the bridges that go over the canals. That's one of the small perks of being in Florida I guess.

oldupsman

Happened to me as a rookie. Run, run, go, go. Turned around after a delivery and there is the
600 rolling backwards. Not a steep hill going slow. Wide street, nobody parked at that spot.
Took off on a dead sprint and caught it before it hit something. Just lucky. Valuable lesson I never forgot.

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Ups says the ebs was malfunctioning. Does any of your ebs not have the light on? Ebs doesn't act as a parking brake. Lame excuse. Emergency brake obviously was on and driver didn't put the pc in park

rod

Retired 22 years
Had a fellow driver have an Econoline get away from him at a lake home one day. The thing rolled down a bank and was stopped at the last second by a small pine tree. Off the end of the bank the water was like 10 ft. deep. Got a neighbor with a tractor to pull it back up the hill and nobody was the wiser. I still give him a hard time about it to this day. He returns the favor with stories about some of the stupid stuff I got away with.

oldngray

nowhere special
Had a fellow driver have an Econoline get away from him at a lake home one day. The thing rolled down a bank and was stopped at the last second by a small pine tree. Off the end of the bank the water was like 10 ft. deep. Got a neighbor with a tractor to pull it back up the hill and nobody was the wiser. I still give him a hard time about it to this day. He returns the favor with stories about some of the stupid stuff I got away with.
Farmers with tractors (or rednecks with big pickup trucks) can be your best buddies. What UPS doesn't know doesn't hurt them.