union.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by whome, Oct 5, 2012.

1. whome

whome Member

hire date is 9-4-2012, will i be told if i make union?

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

More than likely u won't told anything just keep showing up til they tell u not to. With peak coming soon no one is getting let go.

3. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

You will not make your 30 days before peak which here starts in Oct. Keep track because after Jan.1st all your time in Sept. should count toward seniority.

4. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

If he works any day during Jan or Feb he makes his seniority and his seniority date goes back till his original start date. In this case 9/4/12. If he doesn't work during Jan or Feb he SOL.

5. Johney

If he works everyday in Sept. he will only have acquired 19 days toward seniority. So he will have to work 12 days in Jan. to gain seniority.What is it 31 days in a 120 day time frame excluding Oct.-Dec.? And yes his seniority date would be 9/4/12.

6. Brownslave688

I thought if u worked one day after seasonal all previous seasonal time goes towards your 30 days.

7. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

upsguy72 posted this earlier and he is a good source.
    Of course, the qualification of "it depends on your supplement" may apply here.

8. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

Was hired late September and made it before peak. Peak employees are hired in October-Nov.

9. Con1989

Con1989 Member

So peak days don't count toward seniority day? My hire date was Sept. 10th

10. Johney

The way I understood upsguy72's post was that since he(OP) was hired Sept. 4th(only 19 working days left in that month)that if he works Jan.2nd(only 20 total worked days) he has gained seniority. I thought it was 30 total worked days and on the 31st day you have acquired seniority. Is it different elsewhere?

11. Brownslave688

Read upsguy72's post over its clear what it says. As hoaxster said though this could be different depending on your local.

12. CAFAL

CAFAL New Member

Our supplement has peak officially starting nov. 10. That's the cutoff in local 294