Unions are bad!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The economy was already well in the toilet when you made your boast. Don't get snippy with others because you weren't man enough to live up to it - if you weren't just running off at the mouth with no intention of doing anything.

Go ahead and attack..I can take it. Stick to the issues, not personal hatred. You are a paid representative of the Federal Express Corporation, and anything you say on this forum needs to be viewed in context to that fact.

vantexan

You said that you were going to quit in the year 2009. So you're a liar.

Weren't you the one who said in a post that things change all the time in business? Don't people make plans all the time that have to be altered as conditions change? Doesn't make one a liar for facing reality.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Weren't you the one who said in a post that things change all the time in business?

Probably.

Don't people make plans all the time that have to be altered as conditions change?

Sure.

Doesn't make one a liar for facing reality.

It's hard to argue with that. However, there are 2 points to consider.

1) That's MFE's 2nd different excuse for not quitting in 2009, plus he was so brazen about it.

2) FedEx has made adjustments to adapt to changing conditions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Probably.

Sure.

It's hard to argue with that. However, there are 2 points to consider.

1) That's MFE's 2nd different excuse for not quitting in 2009, plus he was so brazen about it.

2) FedEx has made adjustments to adapt to changing conditions.

You have also "adapted" your message as conditions have changed. Now that it's obvious that the Ground opco is being gifted with a large chunk of our pie, you have changed direction again. My message has remained constant, and I was warning about Ground 2 years ago. On message, and consistent.

59 Dano

You have also "adapted" your message as conditions have changed. Now that it's obvious that the Ground opco is being gifted with a large chunk of our pie, you have changed direction again. My message has remained constant, and I was warning about Ground 2 years ago. On message, and consistent.

Your message 2 years ago was that Ground pkgs were flying on Express planes. Then you said that Ground was to deliver XS pkgs that were PUP'd and processed as Express pkgs and that you knew Ground had a bunch of air roller trailers and whatnot as further proof. Now it turns out that XS is very likely to be on the chopping block and the sales focus is (or seems to be, at least) is on Ground.

Which of your claims are you going to choose as your final one?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your message 2 years ago was that Ground pkgs were flying on Express planes. Then you said that Ground was to deliver XS pkgs that were PUP'd and processed as Express pkgs and that you knew Ground had a bunch of air roller trailers and whatnot as further proof. Now it turns out that XS is very likely to be on the chopping block and the sales focus is (or seems to be, at least) is on Ground.

Which of your claims are you going to choose as your final one?[/QUOTE

You frequently accuse me of being repetitive. One big reason is that certain people just can't seem to figure it out..like you. Here it goes again, point by point in order to answer your post.

1. Ground packages have been, and still are, flying on Express planes. Pull up an FDR for Alaska and see if there is a Ground can on the plane. There is. That's just one example.

2. 2 years ago, someone posted that Express was experimenting with delivering time-definite Express packages. While I don't doubt that they were, it was never proven either way. As R1a has pointed out, blending the 2 systems may have proven to be a potential threat to the RLA, so FedEx dropped this aspect of the plan.

3. There were numerous brand-new Ground trailers set-up for air container use only. These disappeared when rumors of Express freight being shifted over to Ground began. Again, they probably didn't want to threaten the RLA.

4. It is very likely that E2 is next. If you send an E2 pkg from Boston to NY, can the Ground system handle it? No problem. In fact, Express already trucks it. But let's say that you have an E2 shipment from Portland, OR to NYC. Can the Ground dystem handle that? Not a chance. It will have to be flown.

My final claim is that you are here for the sole purpose of attempting to discredit anyone who disagrees with the company line or threatens to divulge the backstory of the way FedEx really operates. If Fred really wanted to save some money, he could start by disbanding the PR Department and stop being the personal airline for the pandas. Next, he could operate within the law instead of outside of it, and cut-back our huge Legal Department. No more need to defend all of those completely legitimate lawsuits out there. Then he could start in on the bloated MEM bureaucracy. From VP of Paper Clips to VP of Toilet Paper Operations (TPO), there's a lot of blubber and salary that could be done away with. Your position would be an excellent startig point.

vantexan

Anyone remember Zapmail? Somehow the company missed the rise of personal and business fax machines. Took a bath on that one, regrouped and went in another direction. They boldly went forth with Ground, only to repeatedly get knocked down in the courts. So they have fine tuned their approach, built up infrastructure, and are very near finally realizing their goals that were years in the making. With all the hiccups they've been through I'm surprised 59 Dano seems to think anyone would be able to nail down exactly what's going to happen until it actually does. But I think MFE and Ricochet1A are pretty close to the truth. Let's hope a year, 3 years, 5 years from now we're all getting 45 hrs a week but I wouldn't bet on it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My final claim is that you are here for the sole purpose of attempting to discredit anyone who disagrees with the company line or threatens to divulge the backstory of the way FedEx really operates. If Fred really wanted to save some money, he could start by disbanding the PR Department and stop being the personal airline for the pandas. Next, he could operate within the law instead of outside of it, and cut-back our huge Legal Department. No more need to defend all of those completely legitimate lawsuits out there. Then he could start in on the bloated MEM bureaucracy. From VP of Paper Clips to VP of Toilet Paper Operations (TPO), there's a lot of blubber and salary that could be done away with. Your position would be an excellent starting point.
Like I've said before Memphis is chockful of dead weight and overpaid personnel. Cut back on all the stuff listed above along with flying around influential politicians on FedEx planes and Express would be much closer to 10% profit.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Like I've said before Memphis is chockful of dead weight and overpaid personnel. Cut back on all the stuff listed above along with flying around influential politicians on FedEx planes and Express would be much closer to 10% profit.

I wonder how much the corporate jet fleet costs to operate every year? Note to Fred: Please disclose what our annual budget is for this, or do you include it in the payoff costs for the politicians you own? Plus, how about the NASCAR team and golf tournament? Since we are about to go under at any minute, perhaps some of the sponsorships can go away.

59 Dano

1. Ground packages have been, and still are, flying on Express planes. Pull up an FDR for Alaska and see if there is a Ground can on the plane. There is. That's just one example.

2. 2 years ago, someone posted that Express was experimenting with delivering time-definite Express packages. While I don't doubt that they were, it was never proven either way. As R1a has pointed out, blending the 2 systems may have proven to be a potential threat to the RLA, so FedEx dropped this aspect of the plan.

3. There were numerous brand-new Ground trailers set-up for air container use only. These disappeared when rumors of Express freight being shifted over to Ground began. Again, they probably didn't want to threaten the RLA.

4. It is very likely that E2 is next. If you send an E2 pkg from Boston to NY, can the Ground system handle it? No problem. In fact, Express already trucks it. But let's say that you have an E2 shipment from Portland, OR to NYC. Can the Ground dystem handle that? Not a chance. It will have to be flown.

1. I think someone else mentioned Alaska and that Express was paid to provide some airlift to Ground pkgs to/from Alaska to preserve service there. Other than that, crickets.

2. Express has been delivering time definite Express packages for years now. I think there's plenty of proof.

3. Says you.

4. Speculation.

My final claim is that you are here for the sole purpose of attempting to discredit anyone who disagrees with the company line or threatens to divulge the backstory of the way FedEx really operates.

I don't try to do that. The only person I would make any effort to discredit is you because of the way you act, but the way you act pretty much throws up a big red flag to your credibility on its own. The rest of the people, I either agree with them or disagree with them and there's nothing wrong with that.

there's a lot of blubber and salary that could be done away with. Your position would be an excellent startig point.

Sometimes the best way to improve morale is to fire the most bitter of the malcontents.

59 Dano

I wonder how much the corporate jet fleet costs to operate every year? Note to Fred: Please disclose what our annual budget is for this, or do you include it in the payoff costs for the politicians you own? Plus, how about the NASCAR team and golf tournament? Since we are about to go under at any minute, perhaps some of the sponsorships can go away.

The good news is that you have all of the answers. The bad news is that you never had the guts to take a position to implement them, only excuses for not doing so.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The good news is that you have all of the answers. The bad news is that you never had the guts to take a position to implement them, only excuses for not doing so.
You're even more clueless than I thought, but alas this sounds like something a true shill would write.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
1. I think someone else mentioned Alaska and that Express was paid to provide some airlift to Ground pkgs to/from Alaska to preserve service there. Other than that, crickets.

2. Express has been delivering time definite Express packages for years now. I think there's plenty of proof.

3. Says you.

4. Speculation.

I don't try to do that. The only person I would make any effort to discredit is you because of the way you act, but the way you act pretty much throws up a big red flag to your credibility on its own. The rest of the people, I either agree with them or disagree with them and there's nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes the best way to improve morale is to fire the most bitter of the malcontents.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

3. Says you.

4. Speculation.

#2 is obviously a typo, and I meant to say Ground. I guess you couldn't figure it out. I think my speculation is based on some very compelling evidence. Further, I think that it serves your purposes as a shill to try and make it seem like "nothing is happening". There is a lot happening, but you seem to pretend it's business as ususal. Why is that?

59 Dano

#2 is obviously a typo, and I meant to say Ground. I guess you couldn't figure it out. I think my speculation is based on some very compelling evidence. Further, I think that it serves your purposes as a shill to try and make it seem like "nothing is happening". There is a lot happening, but you seem to pretend it's business as ususal. Why is that?

I never said it's business as usual or that nothing is happening. Something is definitely happening, namely that you are terrified of losing a job that you don't really need (only for the medical bennies, or so you say) and definitely don't want, and your only way of dealing with it is to engage in histrionic nonsense. You are obsessed with creating new posts complaining about the same old stuff, complaining about something dumb or irrelevant, or constructing straw men.

For what reward, I don't know.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I never said it's business as usual or that nothing is happening. Something is definitely happening, namely that you are terrified of losing a job that you don't really need (only for the medical bennies, or so you say) and definitely don't want, and your only way of dealing with it is to engage in histrionic nonsense. You are obsessed with creating new posts complaining about the same old stuff, complaining about something dumb or irrelevant, or constructing straw men.

For what reward, I don't know.

My reward is exposing Memphoids like you. You know, cubicle-dwelling pencil pushers who would wilt like a week-old flower if they ever had to deliver a package. LOL!! Straw men? From the man who is literally a stick-figure "courier"? Too funny.