UPS and Teamsters to resume contract negotiations next week

cynz

We LOST payroll years ago. Now OMS clerks are being outsourced. Our TSG is now outsourced. I heard they will replace dispatch with AI and have a few parttime dispatchers instead of fulltime. They have closed all small-town customer service in our state. They are going to close the non-union customer service in our larger hubs in a year.
Our CEO bragged about outsourcing our HR with AI, even though our HR was a joke. They have been replacing on road sups with part time on road sups.
I guess her new motto better not bigger is directed to management personnel.

Trash Panda

We LOST payroll years ago. Now OMS clerks are being outsourced. Our TSG is now outsourced. I heard they will replace dispatch with AI and have a few parttime dispatchers instead of fulltime. They have closed all small-town customer service in our state. They are going to close the non-union customer service in our larger hubs in a year.
Our CEO bragged about outsourcing our HR with AI, even though our HR was a joke. They have been replacing on road sups with part time on road sups.
I guess her new motto better not bigger is directed to management personnel.
Maybe in time, they still cant get the new software to assign trailers to the right bays. Had some instances where they sit for a half hour instead of getting on the unload door. Then its a mad scramble to to locate it. Could see dispatch and yard assignment get combined. Then certain responsibilities get shoved off on the hourly yard mules.

DOK

Why next week and not tomorrow??? Sounds like UPS is about to give a take it or leave it LBFO that will be insulting and not give OBrien much time to think it over. I really hope he tells UPS to stick it and order the strike if this is the case.
Teamsters have prior obligations of practice picketing and rally’s outside of various hubs through the end of the weekend, no time for negotiations until next week.

JustDeliverIt

Teamsters have prior obligations of practice picketing and rally’s outside of various hubs through the end of the weekend, no time for negotiations until next week.

Also, if they are as close as both sides say they are, how long is it going to take. Company knows where the union stands and must be willing to get there or at least close enough to resume talks.

UPS had 10 days to crunch numbers and figure out where else to cut to pay for whatever they are coming back to the table with. SOB said if a TA is in place we’ll keep working while the voting process takes place.

Not really surprised other than UPS allowing it to drag on to get this close. Shippers can’t be thrilled and at some point it’s going to catch up to them.