Ups pcs in the snow?

Method$

If getting stuck was an accident in my center, it would take my 2 hours to get "unstuck" myself, then I'd call for help with comm stops/pick ups. My BA would get a good laugh out of it!

Method$

Yeah, it's stupid but when your center manager is gunning for you and you have a way to dodge his bullet. I'd bet a paycheck you'd take it. They make the rules and change them at will. You've been around long enough to know. That's not the way it is here, at least that I know of. But I wouldn't put it past my management team to try it.
Follow the methods, you'll have nothing to fear but fear itself. Work as instructed, if necessary fail as instructed.

underworked1

Today I see most drivers run home because of the snow not because they don't want to drive in it but they don't want to chance getting stuck and being charged with an accident.

You won't be charged with an accident for getting stuck in the snow...provided you didn't leave the roadway or driveway. Nothing they can do about it but be mad. In most places you can slide off the road and still be ok as long as you didn't cause any damage to the truck or property.

Big Babooba

They do?? Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to grab a manual one ( IF I have the choice)...
As bad as they were, the old style GMCs and Fords (the high step models) were pretty good in the snow. They rarely got stuck. After they redesigned them to be closer to the ground, they tend to get stuck more. Doesn't matter if they're a manual or standard transmission. I never got stuck with the old bombers. I get stuck at least once a year now and probably will get stuck more often because they took away our chains.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't go in. If the company wants to change the rules, they can. Send agains are their problem.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You won't be charged with an accident for getting stuck in the snow...provided you didn't leave the roadway or driveway. Nothing they can do about it but be mad. In most places you can slide off the road and still be ok as long as you didn't cause any damage to the truck or property.
On a road, no, but in a driveway yes in my center. Were told to DR mailbox, take zero chances. One guy stuck on a road last winter had the truck slide to the side and hit a mail box, yep, his fault for going down the hill according to the company.

Dr.Brownz

Sliding off road = ecd everything

rod

Retired 22 years
On a road, no, but in a driveway yes in my center. Were told to DR mailbox, take zero chances. One guy stuck on a road last winter had the truck slide to the side and hit a mail box, yep, his fault for going down the hill according to the company.

If they tell you DR in a mailbox tell them to go to hell. That's a good way to get in trouble with the Feds. Its against the law for anyone to put anything in a mailbox that hasn't had postage paid on it. Don't believe me---next time you are in the PO ask. You could set it by a mailbox (if you want to pay for it when it comes up missing) but not in the mail box.

wayfair

swollen member
If they tell you DR in a mailbox tell them to go to hell. That's a good way to get in trouble with the Feds. Its against the law for anyone to put anything in a mailbox that hasn't had postage paid on it. Don't believe me---next time you are in the PO ask. You could set it by a mailbox (if you want to pay for it when it comes up missing) but not in the mail box.

One of the DR locations in the DIAD is "mailbox"

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It's even worse in feeders. The new twin screw tractors are awful in the slick stuff. On all of the new twins, the back axle is a dead axle. We call it the "snow anchor".

rod

Retired 22 years
whenever I ask the center manager about anything, there's a blank stare, much like most management

So they gave up even lying to you guys now----they just give you the old blank stare routine. I had a few of them who wouldn't even do that---they would just turn around and walk away. (That trick works both ways)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So they gave up even lying to you guys now----they just give you the old blank stare routine. I had a few of them who wouldn't even do that---they would just turn around and walk away. (That trick works both ways)
Or this "I'll get back to you on that"

upsgrunt

I've always thought it was crazy that, even though the box is paid for by the homeowner, it is property of the US government?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.