Ups pcs in the snow?

wayfair

swollen member
Where would one find that in the Diad?
depends on your center, my is a selection where that is allowed. I never put in mailbox, but beside or behind it and will clarify. Basically due to dogs on property.... customer doesn't get it, then they call in a concern so, it's left per request.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've always thought it was crazy that, even though the box is paid for by the homeowner, it is property of the US government?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It really all depends on the mailman. If you aren't on REALLY good terms with him or he is a by the book guy don't do it. I had rural route carriers who told me that as long as I didn't make a habit out of it or stuff the box so full they didn't have room for their mail to feel free to do it in an emergency. I also got in trouble once when the carrier took a package I had put in a mailbox back to the post office, gave it to his boss who in turn called my boss and insisted he pick it up himself at the PO.

underworked1

On a road, no, but in a driveway yes in my center. Were told to DR mailbox, take zero chances. One guy stuck on a road last winter had the truck slide to the side and hit a mail box, yep, his fault for going down the hill according to the company.
Dude....no. never put that package in a mailbox. As I've been told by ups that's a federal offense. They can fire you for that. Every driver school, including integrad says absolutely do not dr to a mailbox. If you are instructed to do so, refuse. Yiu don't have to do anything that is illegal.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've always thought it was crazy that, even though the box is paid for by the homeowner, it is property of the US government?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Yup. It has to be installed within so many feet of the roadway and has to be mounted at a certain height. The homeowner does all of this work for something that once completed is no longer theirs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Dude....no. never put that package in a mailbox. As I've been told by ups that's a federal offense. They can fire you for that. Every driver school, including integrad says absolutely do not dr to a mailbox. If you are instructed to do so, refuse. Yiu don't have to do anything that is illegal.
Who said in the mailbox? We hang in bags as instructed.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In my 32 years in package car I never had one that did well in the snow.
UNLESS.
You had a full set of chains on. Then I never had a problem. I doubt they supply you with
a full set of chains anymore. And I doubt that a young person like yourself would know how
to put on a full set of chains in the snow anyway.

The old man will shut up now.
I have two full sets of chains in my PC plus a spare. They are the good ones, the PEWAG brand, made in Austria, with hardened steel links. I'm told they cost about $300 per set. I also have a tow rope and a set of cheater chains. I can chain a package car up in about 15 minutes under ideal conditions.

ChrisTheBrown

Got stuck for the first time on Tuesday..All schools were closed, snow days everywhere..Kids were outside playing at this apartment complex where I was delivering..Little guy walked up to me & handed me a shovel. Dug myself out & then applied traction aid kit. Only cost myself about 10 mins. Never wanna go through that again, almost had to change my underwear after.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Got stuck for the first time on Tuesday..All schools were closed, snow days everywhere..Kids were outside playing at this apartment complex where I was delivering..Little guy walked up to me & handed me a shovel. Dug myself out & then applied traction aid kit. Only cost myself about 10 mins. Never wanna go through that again, almost had to change my underwear after.

Did you put the 10 minutes in the DIAD under Other Work, Breakdown, On Road?