UPS: Resume Builder?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ltdan_13, Jan 25, 2016.

1. ltdan_13

ltdan_13 New Member

Wondering if any part-timers/college graduates can verify if UPS looked on their resume while advancing towards other job opportunities, specifically recent college grads with a business degree?
    I have worked at UPS for almost 4 years now. It has been an awesome job and treated me well while I attended college. Now I will be graduating next year (with a marketing degree) and am looking for an entry level job in my field. Even know I never went part-time supervisor, I loaded for 3 years and picked off for 1. I also joined the safety committee and have great recommendations from full-time and part-time employees.
    Anyone have a successful experience and any advice? I am hoping UPS's brand name creates a positive image on my resume, even though I have no prior experience in my degree.
    (Also, I am aware that feeder drivers make over 80k a year and that it would be smarter for me to stay)
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

UPS is an excellent resume builder.

Use your brain, not your back.
  3. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

While you were a college student preparing for a career in your major, it would have benefited your resume more if you would have became a PT sup.

You have a good work history but being in a Supervisor role is more of a benefit to whoever is considering hiring you later.
  4. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

Your college should have career counselors that will help with your resume and mock interviews. Right off the bat, it should be mentioned that you worked a minimum 20 hours per week throughout your college career.
  5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Our sales person is dumb as a rock.
  6. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

@Salesguy ?

New "AUDI" and a trophy wife?
  7. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

If the interviewer has worked or knows someone who has worked at ups, seeing you stayed 4 yrs with the bs hourlies put up with shows a strong committment to a future employer.