VP-Rome A to run for General President of the IBT

Ron Carey lives on

Nominations, delegates, convention regulations. Members in good standing. Lets not assume. Hey that reminds me remember back in 91 when junior wasn't eligible to run because he wasn't a member in good standing. He was to busy being a corporate lawyer for Kroger. Aww the good old days

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
My business agent in the Southwest happily said today that the Local leaders of the Southwest Rider who organized to build the Western Conference and Local 177 H&W Fund as opposed to going into Teamcare, will be backing Rome A in 2016.

A big blow for hall.

Irishman Collins

Some Old Guard "leaders" are abandoning hall and forming their own slate in 2016.

Rome A the Secretary-Treasurer of Local 853 in Northern California, Chairman of the Teamsters Health and Welfare Fund in California, Trustee of the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund, President of Joint Council 7 in San Francisco and International Vice-President at Large of the IBT will seek the presidency of the IBT in 2016.

He was seen at the 2014 Unity Conference in Las Vegas rounding up support. It appears the Southwest has verbally endorsed his candidacy; as have the majority of the locals that were moved from the company ran health plans to the inferior TEAMCARE plan following the disastrous UPS contract that was just implemented.

What are your thoughts brothers and sisters?
Beware, of such moves. Multiple Slates will just put the incumbents right back in office. This is an "old guard" trick. I hope it is real, but my guess is, it is a ploy to split any opposing T.D.U. Slate votes

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPS Preloader

Don't be surprised if Sean "the Wonder Boy" O'Brien's ego gets in the way and decides to run his own slate.

If he run's with Hall his chances of winning might be pretty slim. In my opinion, his only chance is to part ways with anyone currently associated with the IBT.

Ouch

I'm going out on a limb and predicting Hoffa a shoe in. I'm not a fan but i just have a feeling. Their are tons of teamsters that don't take the time to research what goes on, you see it here first hand with people asking questions about the contract. Multiply that number by tens of thousands. I think it's sad that every Teamster doesn't keep up with their future. I can guarantee you one thing, it will be interesting for sure.

Brown Spider

I'm going out on a limb and predicting Hoffa a shoe in. I'm not a fan but i just have a feeling. Their are tons of teamsters that don't take the time to research what goes on, you see it here first hand with people asking questions about the contract. Multiply that number by tens of thousands. I think it's sad that every Teamster doesn't keep up with their future. I can guarantee you one thing, it will be interesting for sure.

Unlikely that Hoffa will run again. He'll be 75 in 2016. Hey...he had a good run...people bought into the name and he capitalized on it.

Ron Carey lives on

Id say he has plans to run for U.S office or a Michigan office. Or maybe a regular slot on Ed Sultz. I actually like that show, to listen to him on there you would actually get the impression that he is not a total sell out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TimeForChange

Beware, of such moves. Multiple Slates will just put the incumbents right back in office. This is an "old guard" trick. I hope it is real, but my guess is, it is a ploy to split any opposing T.D.U. Slate votes

No. Multiple slates will split the Old Guard vote. There will only be one anti-Old Guard slate. They want as many Old Guard slates as possible, because each big shot has his own followers, which will split the Old Guard vote.

That's exactly what happened in 1991, when reformer Ron Carey won election with 48.5 percent of the vote, against two OG slates. :)

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
It would, but realistically it will be the other way around: Zuckerman/Pope.

Zuckerman man has the support of everyone that ran on the Gegare slate, and they got more votes than Sandy in 2011.

Big Bad Wolf

No. Multiple slates will split the Old Guard vote. There will only be one anti-Old Guard slate. They want as many Old Guard slates as possible, because each big shot has his own followers, which will split the Old Guard vote.

That's exactly what happened in 1991, when reformer Ron Carey won election with 48.5 percent of the vote, against two OG slates. :)
I like the hypnotic word association.

Where are you pigs now?

Irishman Collins

Multiple Slates split the malcontent. Incumbents will keep their supporter vote and the non supporters will be voting for various Slates.Therefore reducing the likelihood of change

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Its actually very good that Rome A from the West is running for us reformers. The West is a Hoffa stronghold that wont endorse hall. This area is where the least reform votes come out off, so its ok that Hall and Aloise are gonna split the Hoffa vote here.

Its actually very good that Rome A from the West is running for us reformers. The West is a Hoffa stronghold that wont endorse hall. This area is where the least reform votes come out off, so its ok that Hall and Aloise are gonna split the Hoffa vote here.
Sorry to tell you this dude but Hoffa ain't running next time.