VP-Rome A to run for General President of the IBT

Brown Spider

Carey wasn't even at half the meetings.

Where are you pigs now?

Carey was at every meeting. Hall sat quietly by his side. That's a fact, BBW. You're huffin' and puffin' for facts, but you ignore them when they're dropped in your lap. It was also a fact that Carey did not impose the contract on us in '97. It was also a fact that we did ratify that contract in October of '97 with about 80% of the vote. Ignoring those facts doesn't make them go away!

Big Bad Wolf

Carey was at every meeting. Hall sat quietly by his side. That's a fact, BBW. You're huffin' and puffin' for facts, but you ignore them when they're dropped in your lap. It was also a fact that Carey did not impose the contract on us in '97. It was also a fact that we did ratify that contract in October of '97 with about 80% of the vote. Ignoring those facts doesn't make them go away!
We were called back off the line by UPS. At $55 a week, we would have ratified anything. We voted a month later scared to not go back on food stamps. $55 a week. Ha!

Where are you pigs now?

Big Bad Wolf

Are you one of those cowards that did not support the strike?
I was all for it at the time. I believe we need a majority of togetherness. But it's weird how the people who voted no blame the vote yes people and call us DUMB but won't stand behind us. Yet they want us to stop the world for 3 supplements. Back in the 80's and 90's I had TDU telling me we would conquer the world. But if I left it up to them, I would be destitute. I couldn't donate more every time (sorry Poppa Paffy). There is a happy medium. TDU is an extension of extremism. Real world results would not appear inside that vacuum.

Where are you pigs now?

dumptheoldguardteamsters

Oh yeah? Who is getting a wage below minimum. It's illegal even though negotiated.

Where are you pigs now?
Seattle Washington !! $15 min wage!! UPSERS will get a $5 raise... No thanks to the concession train led by jim "the hog" HOFFA kenny "the concession stand" hall "and sean "the bully" obrien!

The pigs are in the marble palace

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Spider

Hoffa given them back? Or your local is too weak to maintain them?

Where are you pigs now?

No BBW, it was not the Locals that gave back the 10,000 jobs. And no, the Locals were not too weak to maintain them. The weakness and the give-backs came directly from Hoffa! The 2007 contract was settled more than 8 months before expiration!
Not a good bargaining strategy unless UPS had completely caved in on every issue. They didn't! And what did Hoffa cave in on?:

The 2007 contract pulled 44,000 members out of the Central States Pension Plan and froze benefits at levels negotiated in 1997.

The 2007 contract broke away from creating new full time jobs by combining part-time jobs, a major breakthrough in 1997.

The 2007 contract froze starting wages for part-timers at $8.50 for the life of the contract.

And what did we get in return?:

Bargaining rights at UPS Freight, the company's non-union freight division.

The 2007 UPS Agreement...negotiated by Hoffa, negotiated for Hoffa!

Where are you pigs now?

Big Bad Wolf

No BBW, it was not the Locals that gave back the 10,000 jobs. And no, the Locals were not too weak to maintain them. The weakness and the give-backs came directly from Hoffa! The 2007 contract was settled more than 8 months before expiration!
Not a good bargaining strategy unless UPS had completely caved in on every issue. They didn't! And what did Hoffa cave in on?:

The 2007 contract pulled 44,000 members out of the Central States Pension Plan and froze benefits at levels negotiated in 1997.

The 2007 contract broke away from creating new full time jobs by combining part-time jobs, a major breakthrough in 1997.

The 2007 contract froze starting wages for part-timers at $8.50 for the life of the contract.

And what did we get in return?:

Bargaining rights at UPS Freight, the company's non-union freight division.

The 2007 UPS Agreement...negotiated by Hoffa, negotiated for Hoffa!

Where are you pigs now?

Yup, greatest economic times of our lives that 2007!! Do you know how close we were to getting swallowed by DHL? My god some people don't get it! Lol

Where are you pigs now?

Brown Spider

Yup, greatest economic times of our lives that 2007!! Do you know how close we were to getting swallowed by DHL? My god some people don't get it! Lol

Where are you pigs now?
Your local was too weak to maintain them!! If you lost them, it was your weak local!!

Where are you pigs now?

Okay...now you're showing that you're not just a weak-minded blowhard...but you actually, when faced with facts, revert back to idiotic drivel!

"Do you know how close we were to getting swallowed by DHL". What???

"Your local was too weak to maintain them!!" What??? Hoffa gave those jobs up! They were part of the National Agreement, not a Supplement! What are you doing...just throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
When I asked my local at the general membership meeting why they were allowing UPS to breach the contract, their reply was that it was not their call and that they were following orders from the IBT. So I implied that they had no backbone and no independence. My executive board got upset and everyone applauded me.

rowdyyates

Some Old Guard "leaders" are abandoning hall and forming their own slate in 2016.

Rome A the Secretary-Treasurer of Local 853 in Northern California, Chairman of the Teamsters Health and Welfare Fund in California, Trustee of the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund, President of Joint Council 7 in San Francisco and International Vice-President at Large of the IBT will seek the presidency of the IBT in 2016.

He was seen at the 2014 Unity Conference in Las Vegas rounding up support. It appears the Southwest has verbally endorsed his candidacy; as have the majority of the locals that were moved from the company ran health plans to the inferior TEAMCARE plan following the disastrous UPS contract that was just implemented.

What are your thoughts brothers and sisters?
Some Old Guard "leaders" are abandoning hall and forming their own slate in 2016.

Rome A the Secretary-Treasurer of Local 853 in Northern California, Chairman of the Teamsters Health and Welfare Fund in California, Trustee of the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund, President of Joint Council 7 in San Francisco and International Vice-President at Large of the IBT will seek the presidency of the IBT in 2016.

He was seen at the 2014 Unity Conference in Las Vegas rounding up support. It appears the Southwest has verbally endorsed his candidacy; as have the majority of the locals that were moved from the company ran health plans to the inferior TEAMCARE plan following the disastrous UPS contract that was just implemented.

rowdyyates

With so much anger by so many, when will many be the angered majority? Politics is not about the sharp dressed man, it is about how sharp is the man and how he addresses the issues. The reflection seen in his shoes should be the reflection of the membership, not his own.

Two years is like a lifetime. Many will forget this moment in time, many will be frozen in time as the momentum to 2016 nears. Delegates and votes will be the call of order in 2016, and given the rumors, who comes out on top will have a challenge no matter who the victor shall be.

It's not about the hammer, it's not about a reform, it's not about a rebuild, it's not about restoring, it's about an obligation we as members have to our Union and its direction for the betterment of working families.

Let's see who comes out to lead. Let's see what the membership remembers or will it be driving force of what happened in the 15 minutes prior to the ballot reaching the kitchen table in 2016.

Big Bad Wolf

Unfortunately, that is not correct. When employees are covered by a collective bargaining agreement, that agreement supersedes any minimum wage law.

In other words, no raise for part timers at UPS if the minimum wage goes higher.
The contract does not supersede federal law.

Where are you pigs now?