Well, I'm permanent now

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bste11, Dec 13, 2008.

1. bste11

bste11 King of UPS

Our supervisor told me and basically every other employee that can do 40% of what they're supposed to that after the Holiday season, even though the driver helper position will be no more, we will all be permanent (if we want). I guess I might.
  2. chev

chev Nightcrawler

Well, I will be the first to turn the other cheek and say congrats if you take the job. :peaceful:
  3. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the stock is gonna split when it reaches $95 next week and PAL is gonna solve global warming and management is gonna treat you with respect and...
  4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Starting at $150 or $200 per hour?
  5. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

naw I think he deserves more, he works so much harder than the rest of us.
  6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

He does call himself "King of UPS" ya know. From some of his posts, he sounds more like the soon to be ex-governor of Illinois.
  7. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

Maybe thats what I should do, sell my seat in the package car to the highest bidder :happy-very:
  8. tonyexpress

tonyexpress Whac-A-Troll Patrol Staff Member

LOL iowa boy, that was good!:laughing:
  9. DownsizedUPS'er

DownsizedUPS'er missing my UPS family

com'on he's the "King of UPS" is totally will get more then that.
  10. footinthedoor

footinthedoor New Member

Well it is good to know that the "king" of ups can do at least 40% of his job right. The other 60% must be B$#L Sh#t
  11. DS

DS Fenderbender

Just like life,nothing is permanent.
  12. Quagmire

Quagmire feeder

Sounds like management material.
  13. rushfan

rushfan Well-Known Member

If the rumors are right, all of us will be walking the soup line after peak. Get ready to join it!

Just joking....
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Not only is he the KING he is the ruler as well.

"I rule UPS. I am the best ever."
  15. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

16. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Beat me to it DS.
    These days, at UPS, one year qualifies as permanent.
    One thing about UPS, we are always looking for ways to improve operations or reduce cost.
  17. jw55wags

jw55wags New Member

This ( KING) can't be for real. In my 30 years I've seen come and go. Never missed anyone of them!!
  18. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

He's the "King" alright. He's walKing, talKing, and come January, he'll be looKing for another job. Let's hear it for the King!:clap:

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

I've just read all of his posts. This guy has no idea what he is talking about. You are seasonal help and will be laid off after the holidays. They tell you that you are permanent right now so you will work hard for the next 8 days. Thank you for contributing to your local's Union fund. Enjoy your stay.

20. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

No.....really, You mean that this is probably true for me too????? I have been told by my center manager and oncar that they would love to keep me on after Christmas as a driver.....they seem so genuine when they pat me on the back and say that, Say it isn't so,
    Obviously I say that with sarcasm
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008