WE'RE NOT READY!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Oh yeah cause you know how hard it is out there pulling 13 s actually working (and not by telling others what to do) everyday dont you don't you Mr sup. You said you were a more laid back, laxed sup.... it sounds like it.... a real laxed sup would care about their employees and not the problem (their own numbers)... is it that hard to think about anyone other than yourself and your numbers? Maybe you should look for a new line of work lol.
Here we go.

You think you're the only one working long days? I guarantee you I put in more hours a week than you.

I care about my employees. But you think I can control the volume? If they give me 42 vehicles and enough volume to fill 47 vehicles, what am I supposed to do? Call the DM and say sorry about the 2000 missed sitting in my building because I want to be the best sup in the world and give everyone an 8 hour day? Sorry, it doesn't work like that. I would love everyone to have a wonderful day. It would be great if I can have 60 drivers on road everyday. But guess what, that isn't reality. I have a responsibility to find a balance. Sometimes, it ticks some people off. Sometimes, it makes a lot of people happy. I can't do both consistently.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our PDS posts a weekly volume projection on the bulletin board near the office. It showed the spike for T-W-T and the slight slowdown for today. Nothing "exclusive" about this information.
Those projections are wrong way more than they are right. My local sort prediction for last Monday was 2300 pieces. When all was said and done we were at 5700. Preload wasn't near as bad, but still over plan by 25+% everyday.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Maybe they will hire more people and put people on the road that already passed class
We have all DOT qualified people on road, hopefully will have 3 more come Monday. The problem now is vehicles. Waiting on approval to get 4 more rentals on Monday. Even then, we have to figure out where and how to load them.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Most drivers lack a good work ethic. At least the ones I've been around that have only worked at ups. They'd rather brag how they are sticking it to the man, instead of having enough integrity to do what they are paid to. It's just not in my blood to lay down on the job, I always put in an honest days work.
I strongly disagree. Sure, there are guys that will milk a day for all it is worth. You'll get that at any job. But the overwhelming majority of the drivers I've interacted with are fantastic, hard working people.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
AT my center, they're just now starting to train drivers. lol. A couple drivers quit 3 days into peak..
Had one call me the other day at noon and tell me he didn't want to do it anymore. He was overwhelmed. Had done 12 stops on an in town route. Was only dispatched 55 on a route that normally goes out with 140. Couldn't help but shake my head.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Those projections are wrong way more than they are right. My local sort prediction for last Monday was 2300 pieces. When all was said and done we were at 5700. Preload wasn't near as bad, but still over plan by 25+% everyday.

There is a dry erase board right next to this bulletin board. The PDS posts that days numbers on that board and they are fairly close to the projections.