What could ground do to get more ups volume?

worldwide

parcel post 17" x 12"x 13" is the average box size

I just compared a 17x12x13 20 lb package going from NJ to CA on both ups.com and usps.com and UPS was less expensive ($21.89 vs. $26.23).

Assumptions:
-Parcel Post
-From a daily UPS pickup
-Commercial delivery
-Rates include fuel surcharge

UPS guarantees the delivery in 4 business days and the package can be tracked anywhere. USPS does not guarantee delivery and does not provie the same level of tracking as UPS. Even if this was a residential delivery with the extra charge, it would still cost less than USPS. This does not include any discount either and getting a discount for UPS shipments is pretty easy (eBay, associations, if you ship on a regular basis).

Why pay USPS more for a slower service that is not guaranteed?

HomeDelivery

i crunched the #s again, worldwide... for some reason USPS is giving me the best rates (maybe it has something to do with linking it with eBay???)

i use both media mail (for car manuals as an example)

as well as misc... try 12 lb with those dimensions... but when i go online to the corresponding site & these are mostly residential deliveries... usps still got both companies beat

$19.05 with delivery confirmation non-sig free at eBay

vs

$26.03 for the same service at UPS

Last edited:

Ricochet1a

The shipper may be receiving a discount and the "ebay quote" is utilizing that discount (USPS). Try pulling up a separate page using USPS quotation (outside of ebay item shipping quote).