What is the UPS policy on earrings?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by NedFlanders, Jan 5, 2009.

1. NedFlanders

NedFlanders New Member

are drivers allowed to have earrings? there is one male driver in my center that has diamond studs in his ears so im guessing it is ok. Or does it depend on the management at your particular center?

2. dof8

dof8 Member

Males are not allowed to wear earrings and Females earrings should be no larger than a dime in size. That rule has slowly diminished, depending on the strength of the union in your area.

3. evilleace

evilleace Member

No earrings for guys as far as I know.

4. worthlessdriver

worthlessdriver New Member

During Christmas we had seasonal drivers and helpers with huge earrings, tattoos, dread locks to their shoulder and grills working. But let my hair get a little long or go a day without shaving and I get threatened with being sent home.

5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

And thats the way it should be.

6. PassYouBy

PassYouBy Unknown Acrobat

Never seen any here Ned!!

7. jw55wags

jw55wags New Member

Does earrings make my ass look fat?????

8. PassYouBy

PassYouBy Unknown Acrobat

No..Your ass makes you look fat!!! :wink2:

9. cino321

cino321 Active Member

It also depends how open minding your center manager is.

10. InTheRed

InTheRed New Member

Men are allowed 1 earring of a post type only in 1 ear. At least in my district that is the policy but the form with the policy on it looks fairly official.

11. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Yup...one stud in the right ear.

12. InTheRed

InTheRed New Member

The form is titled "LOOKING GOOD" from what I remember.

13. No such person

No such person Southern Ct.

At least 3 or 4 guys in my center have earrings, they don't seem to have any problems.

14. scoobypanda

scoobypanda Active Member

There have been several posts on here concerning the U.P.S appearance guideline and their policy on visible tattoos. When I was hired 15 years ago, there was no mention of visible tattoos and the earring rule was one stud in one ear for males. Somewhere around 5 years ago, U.P.S changed their appearance guideline and included "no visible tattoos" and men are now allowed one hoop earring no larger than a dime. It was only in the last year or so that some managers have begun to enforce the new tattoo rule, but the problem is that many of the drivers were hired under the old guidelines allowing tattoos and many managers are not happy with the trade off involved in accepting the new standards with the new hoop earring rule.Looks like another flavor of the month that will melt away in no time.

15. gded

gded New Member

hey no such person, luv the steal your face . Not the best of what they do, their the only ones who do what they do.God Bless The GD

16. DS

DS Fenderbender

I agree whole heartedly gded

17. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Back slowly away from the computer and put the alcohol down

18. rod

rod retired and happy

If you are a guy wearing earrings you have to skip while delivering-- you silly savage:peaceful:

19. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

My on car sup would tell the savage if you wear an earring, then you wear a bra too!

20. ih8tbrn

ih8tbrn Banned

Why would a guy want to wear an earring?!? As far as I'm concerned that's a chick thing.