What is the worst stop on your route?

Raw

Raw Member
I would venture to say that the vast majority of over weight people in this country are overweight because of lifestyle choice. That means eating too much crap, and not being active enough. You won't get me to buy into the Liberal garbage that obesity is a medical condition. Sorry if that offends you, but I call it as I see it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Porkers suck! LOL

Raw

Raw Member
There are a lot of people for whom obesity is a chronic and debilitating medical condition, and referring to them as "porkers" is pretty rude. If they were cancer survivors, would you call them "skinnies" or "baldies"? I sure hope not.
Are you in the Weight Watchers program soberups?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's rude yes, but a lot of people can't deal with the truth. If somebody doesn't like the fact that they are porkers, they have the ability to change it.

Do they? What if their obesity is due to a medical or other issue(s) beyond their control?

I am 6' tall and weigh 160-165 lbs. If anyone has the "right" to call fat people "porkers" it would be me but I would never do that as it is rude.

Z

ZQXC

Do they? What if their obesity is due to a medical or other issue(s) beyond their control?

I am 6' tall and weigh 160-165 lbs. If anyone has the "right" to call fat people "porkers" it would be me but I would never do that as it is rude.

By the way, just so you know, the "porkers" call you coat hanger.

Fedex Guy

The vast majority of fat people have no medical condition. C'mon man, let's be honest, you're talking about maybe 1% or less of the obese population.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The vast majority of fat people have no medical condition. C'mon man, let's be honest, you're talking about maybe 1% or less of the obese population.
Not true.

Different people metabolize food at different rates, and obesity tends to be hereditary.

I have struggled with my weight for all of my adult life, as have most of the men on my fathers side of the family. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs and if you look in my kitchen you will not find ice cream or chips or cookies or junk food at all.

I would bet anything that the guy on this forum who is calling fat people "porkers" will, like most cowards, only say it behind their backs or from the safety of an anonymous Internet site. I guarantee he wouldn't have the balls to call me that to my face.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What irritates people the most is that I am tall and skinny yet I eat like a horse. When my son and I go to our local Chinese restaurant for their all-you-can-eat buffet I make 3-4 trips through the line.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I also struggle with weight. Thin people always make it seem that it is the easiest thing in the world to lose weight. Believe me I wish it were true. If you were to see my lunch box you would be surprised about my weight. I learned long ago to accept the fact I will never be thin and to ignore all the people that like to insult fat people. Have your fun but you can rest assured that it does not bother me and I will never stoop to your level and make fun of your appearance.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Are you in the Weight Watchers program soberups?
No, but that is beside the point.

It is wrong to dehumanize people for any reason and when it happens I feel a moral obligation to speak out whether I am a member of the group that is being dehumanized or not.

Fedex Guy

Not true.

Different people metabolize food at different rates, and obesity tends to be hereditary.

I have struggled with my weight for all of my adult life, as have most of the men on my fathers side of the family. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs and if you look in my kitchen you will not find ice cream or chips or cookies or junk food at all.

I would bet anything that the guy on this forum who is calling fat people "porkers" will, like most cowards, only say it behind their backs or from the safety of an anonymous Internet site. I guarantee he wouldn't have the balls to call me that to my face.

I agree with what you say to some degree. What's in your kitchen isn't the point.