What makes this job better

JL 0513

Let's take Norway as an example.

A gallon of milk: $7
Gallon of gas: $6.25 (at current tanked prices)
Ib of chicken: $5.70
Pair of regular jeans: $100
Mid range restaurant meal for 2: $92
IPhone 6S+: $1,280
Base VW Golf: $31,000

Welcome to paradise.

Faceplanted

Welcome to paradise.
Wow, serious?

Do you have comprehension of how stuff works? Minimum wage is higher than ours, even though nobody really makes that, they make more, totally free world class health care. Totally free college, 35ish hour work weeks, it's illegal to log into work email off the clock. A month paid vacation for everybody by law. Affordable housing, and housing assistance for people who need help (no projects like here, actual decent apartment buildings). Family oriented society. Earlier retirement

Sounds like a great place to live to me

Last edited:

Retiree

Wow, serious?

Do you have comprehension of how stuff works? Minimum wage is higher than ours, even though nobody really makes that, they make more, totally free world class health care. Totally free college, 35ish hour work weeks, it's illegal to log into work email off the clock. A month paid vacation for everybody by law. Affordable housing, and housing assistance for people who need help (no projects like here, actual decent apartment buildings). Family oriented society. Earlier retirement

Like was said earlier, you can always leave and enjoy your new surroundings.

Faceplanted

Like was said earlier, you can always leave and enjoy your new surroundings.
So because I'm saying a different way of life may be better than ours I should leave. Free speech is gone just like most of what our fore fathers thought of. Thanks for your true American statement!!!!

Let's not think of how to make things better, just kick all the forward thinkers and people who want to make this place better for the majority out!!!

Murika!!!

JL 0513

Wow, serious?

Wouldn't want to live in a nanny state.

You're missing something too. Norway has half the population of Los Angeles County - ONE US county! And their wealth is largely driven by petroleum and natural gas as well as the abundance of other natural resources. All things libs would shut down given the chance. There's nothing "free" about the stuff you mention. Taxes, taxes,taxes. Whether you want it or not.

JL 0513

So because I'm saying a different way of life may be better than ours I should leave. Free speech is gone just like most of what our fore fathers thought of. Thanks for your true American statement!!!!

Let's not think of how to make things better, just kick all the forward thinkers and people who want to make this place better for the majority out!!!

Murika!!!

Nothing forward thinking about it. We've already spent $19 trillion more than our budget. Proposing Norway's state programs in a country of 350M would be astronomical and completely impossible.

Retiree

The way of life you described does not appeal to the majority of Americans. The majority of Americans don't want to pay for free college, pay for housing for everyone, etc. So don't think you should be able to ask the majority of Americans to adopt your way of thinking.

Faceplanted

Wouldn't want to live in a nanny state.

You're missing something too. Norway has half the population of Los Angeles County - ONE US county! And their wealth is largely driven by petroleum and natural gas as well as the abundance of other natural resources. All things libs would shut down given the chance. There's nothing "free" about the stuff you mention. Taxes, taxes,taxes. Whether you want it or not.
Totally agree with you on this

Faceplanted

What I do find funny is Americans don't want to pay an extra 5-10% in taxes (personal income taxes in Norway aren't much higher, cooperate is way higher) but have no problem taking out 50k student loans that end up being over 150k after interest and all

We also have no problems paying out of our ass for insurance, and even when we do have great insurance a bad day can with a car accident, or an illness can ruin your life.

America lives for the now... And it bites us in the Ass.

Imho besides shelter, the 2 most important things to a society are health and education.

L

Littlearrowdown

Slow down, take lunch and break, (not at the end of the day), work using ALL methods, work safe, don't worry about their numbers. I'll get done when I get done[emoji3]

Dr.Brownz

Welcome to paradise.

Most of what you listed are luxury items and or imports.

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

Wh

Imho besides shelter, the 2 most important things to a society are health and education.

Depends on who this "society" person is. A nation of uneducated slaves would work out fine for the super wealthy overlords. As long as they keep pumping out kids for the war machine long term health wouldnt matter to them either

JL 0513

Most of what you listed are luxury items and or imports.

Really? Look at the example list again. Mostly everyday commodities. VW Golfs are imports to the US (much further to transport too) and are $10K cheaper for same model here. The only "luxury" item is a phone which has become a necessity to most.

upser4ever

A lot of you guys say music makes the job better, I can't listen to music all the times but probably can on some of the routes I know really well so I was just wondering what Bluetooth speaker or headset you guys use and if you like it?