What makes this job better

govols019

You smell that?
He's not a junkie. Many years ago he had spinal surgery that was unsuccessful. He lived in severe pain. It's very easy to become addicted to that stuff when you're suffering. He hasn't been addicted since.

So that justifies illegally obtaining prescription pills? A crime you or I would go to jail for.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a radio, that only picked up 1 station. Love bob seger, and peter frampton, but you can only listen to it so many times. Now i listen to half and half all day. You dont get rush, until you listen for awhile. And its hard if you dont know the players he talks about. I enjoy the heck out of mark levin. And i listen to a local talk show from 3 to 6, which leans left, so i know whats going on both sides. Then you decide which is you.

S

selfcancelsignal

Daydreaming about all the chicks on your route you'd like to do the no pants dance with.

Dr.Brownz

Well I don't appreciate you saying I need professional help simply because I stress out about work and want to do the best job I can do. But I do get what you're saying about certain drivers being more mellow. It's like they just don't care and roll with the punches. I don't know how they do it but I do want to get to that point.
Your perfect and dont need any help
Perfectly normal to have nightmares about cardboard boxes

Pro tip: grind your teeth and clench fists for maximim stress. Be sure to obsess over how slow you were everyday.

Is that what you wanted?

Dr.Brownz

Wow I mean that's awesome in my opinion and I wish I could get to that mindset but doubt I ever will. I have to ask though are you married or have any kids? Because getting home at 10 would not fair well for my family life
Are you on the 9.5 list?

Do you use all of.your 8 hour requests?

You.need to do both

8 Hour Day

Never try to apply YOUR work ethic in a situation where it is neither allowed nor appreciated. You're spending more energy worrying about whether you're doing a good job than they are making sure it's even possible.

Do what you can with what you're given. Do your due diligence, not your dispatcher's, preloader's, supervisor's and manager's jobs. If you can run 10 air stops safely on time, warn them, run 10 on time and have 2 late. The failure is theirs, not yours.

The only thing management truly cares about are their "elements..." those precious numbers they're always quoting.

Number of backs, miles backed, trace compliance, missed pieces, late packages etc. Make their stupid decisions their problem, not yours.

It gets easier when you have your own route... Much easier.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Sure, even though you meant it as an insult. I'm a conservative libertarian who enjoys listening to topics I like presented in a funny and entertaining way.

Not an insult at all. More of an observation.

BTW, if you ever have a chance to get to Palm Beach island, drive to the northern tip and see how much real estate Rush has bought up from his earnings from his drivel.