Whats up with all the accidents in Central Florida?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wornoutupser, May 24, 2011.

1. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

Central Florida has had a rash in the last two weeks. It seems strange that everyone here is working so late-and the heat has kicked in-and the accident rate is shooting up!

2. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

But can they recite the ten point commentary and five seeing habits verbatim?

3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

That cures everything! Its a brilliant strategy that gives somebody something to do without actually accomplishing anything.

4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Accidents have nothing to do with time pressure, workload or dispatch. Don't you people listen?

5. Griff

Griff Active Member

Scott Davis and the rest of the clowns in Atlanta are up to their typical "gameplan". You know, creating an unhealthy and absolute unsafe work environment. Accidents and injuries are through the roof everywhere, especially injuries. Don't worry though, a health and safety committee member will be sure to tell you what foods to eat to reduce your blood pressure.

6. brownmonster

Our big concern is heat stroke and dehydration. It hit 55 degrees today.

7. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I think it hit 55 here one day this year. I believe it was a high of 92 yesterday.

8. brownmonster

You need the dehydration training. High of 52 today. It's almost frickin June!

9. TheDick

TheDick Member

Isn't the dehydration training "hydrate so you get dehydrated" ?

10. TheDick

TheDick Member

If your stops per car have gone up then thats normal. But hey its ur drivers license, brown dont care. Once you got too many points on it ur gone. New methods for getting rid of drivers, keeps paid hours costs down

11. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

UPS corporate safety philosophy summarized....

"We have dispatched you with an 11 hour day. We are harassing you. We are threatening your job for failing to maintain an impossible SPORH. But we really do care about your blood pressure, so we are going to pay one of our Safety Committee ass-kissers $30 an hour to hand you an awareness pamphlet and a bananna. Have a safe day."

12. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

All that matters is SORPH, nothing else matters, heat, lack of sleep, HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. As long as we meet SORPH then all is well.

13. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Maybe it has something to do with stops per car.

14. Johney

Don't forget that they get to ride around with the Liberty Mutual knucklehead and follow you to check that you use your handrail and seat belt at every stop. All day long. Dam where do I sign up? I was on a safety committee at one time,sometime looooooong ago.

15. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Our safety committee will take it one step further.... they pay em 30/hr to follow fellow drivers then give them suggestions to do their jobs more effectively

16. Driveslayer

Driveslayer Member

The Top Dog in Orlando is a really great gal. She loves us all very much and does whatever it takes to make ups the bestest and safest place to work.

17. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I'm pretty sure that most of our "safety committee" members had signed up to be hall Monitors in junior high school, but got turned down. Or maybe they got beat up and had their hall Monitor armbands taken away from them. Something bad must have happened to them when they were young to make them turn out the way they did.

18. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

It's a shame that, like many other things that have come and gone, good suggestions and solutions by our safety committee are so far in the past I honestly can not remember even one local idea that was suggested, discussed, solved and implemented. The "ideas" are ALL from corporate or else you can forget it. I doubt any of our committee has the balls to even dare to attempt a suggestion. The hourly committee members here are all the lowest seniority folks who are "voted" in by us, the disenchanted and glazed over. They are usually happier than hell to have a day of work amidst all the route cutting inspired layoffs. I pity the bastards. There may be places where some kiss ups in fact do volunteer, but here they really have slim choices.

19. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

If you're talking about Terri that is one hell of a delusion, or joke. If it's someone else I haven't heard of them yet.

20. Johney

I believe that's called an "On area observation"