What's you predictions for the Ohio rider?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
image.jpg
So, Stoney....do you think?...that when the Teamsters, passed out, Stop The Harassment stickers. It was a show of strength, by our union?.....or show that our...leader...wears a maxi pad??
Our leader isn't sandy pope

ezmoney5150

Great point all the tough talk about harrasment and what did we get nothing. By the way has anyone ever seen our general president at their work place any other time except for when there is a general election or some political issue he is trying to drum up support for. Hoffa Sr, loved to visit his membership and he was adored and loved for it! I just wish the Apple had not fallen off the tree and rolled down to the corporate lawyers house

Sent using BrownCafe App
Hoffa has visited Middleburg six times since I've been Steward and not all for a "so called" motive.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It means the IBT has your back. But you have put your big boy pants on and stand up for yourself and file grievances.

Sent using BrownCafe App
This has nothing to do with file...or ..not to file......Its more like...wtf??...you can have all the language, that you want in the contract.....but it means, absolutely....Jack Crap....if our leadership....doesnt enforce it or protect its members.......when they file for their, contractual rights!....words me nothing....action is what we need!

Anonymous 12

Non active member
407, I am sure you are a tough guy but in this particular situation falling in line with the I.B.T. and doing what they asked you to, to get this give back contract full of concessions and an unsustainable health plan passed doesn't make you a tough guy, in this situation. In my opinion standing up to this contract and demanding a good contract with sustainable health care is a much tougher thing to do than being an I.B.T. drone.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Make no mistake about it. I stood up for what I believe in. I believe this to be a good contract and hall did a good job and a tough one at that. He probably took years off his life with this one but for members who will never understand or care for him. Do you have any experience dealing with members who will never give you the the credit you deserve?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This has nothing to do with file...or ..not to file......Its more like...wtf??...you can have all the language, that you want in the contract.....but it means, absolutely....Jack Crap....if our leadership....doesnt enforce it or protect its members.......when they file for their, contractual rights!....words me nothing....action is what we need!
And that's why you guys will vote it down a third time!

Stonefish

I will agree with you on this the language doesn't mean anything if it isn't enforced. The language in the contract is the best language in any contract in the country as far as I'm concerned. However we need to enforce it and that starts with people filing grievances and not just bitching about it. If or local leaders aren't processing our grievances every 3 years you have the right to run if you chose not to then you have not right to complain. In my opinion

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Stonefish, again knowing the definition of " unsustainable" and ignoring it because it hurts to much to think people you have trusted in the past aren't telling the whole truth is not a stand alone man thing. I don't know 407 personally and I am sure he is a great guy but in this situation he ignored what I know he understood because it was to important for him to not make waves over something that is so easy and clear to understand. Martin Luther King could of just fell in line and done the easy thing. Instead he did the unpopular thing and stood up for his people. I think 407 is that kind of guy but in this case he and others exhibited blind faith.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You know something funny. I stood up for Martin Luther King on this forum and said it should be a national holiday that nobody should work. I took such a beating on this forum for this one but stood strong. I believe in that and this contract.

Irishman Collins

Yea, I talked to her when she was campaigning. I couldn't tell you one word she said. I was mesmerized by her beauty. I am sure she is tough and a good Teamster but just to damn pretty to be taken seriously. It's honestly a shame because I do think her heart is in the right place

Sent using BrownCafe App

ezmoney5150

You know something funny. I stood up for Martin Luther King on this forum and said it should be a national holiday that nobody should work. I took such a beating on this forum for this one but stood strong. I believe in that and this contract.
Common sense isn't a virtue on this board.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Yea, I talked to her when she was campaigning. I couldn't tell you one word she said. I was mesmerized by her beauty. I am sure she is tough and a good Teamster but just to damn pretty to be taken seriously. It's honestly a shame because I do think her heart is in the right place

Sent using BrownCafe App

Her heart is what you're thinking? Right.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
When I started out I was real real young. I saw men who had balls and used the contract to their advantage. These men didn't have the technology but they did have vigor charisma character and courage. I'm so lucky they took me under their wing. I once knew a man who spent a considerable amount of time in prison. He told me how he survived at the beginning. He found the guys who had been around and knew the ins and out and shadowed them. Took their knowledge and gained a share of what he needed to survive. Then use it to conquer. I'll never conquer but I'll take great pride in being part of a team.

When I started out I was real real young. I saw men who had balls and used the contract to their advantage. These men didn't have the technology but they did have vigor charisma character and courage. I'm so lucky they took me under their wing. I once knew a man who spent a considerable amount in prison. He told me how he survived at the beginning. He found the guys who had been around and knew the ins and out and shadowed them. Took their knowledge and gained a share of what he needed to survive. Then use it to conquer. I'll never conquer but I'll take great pride in being part of a team.
Its not.."us"...thats the problem! Its the lack of courage,leadership...and balls!....Of the IBT!...The balance of power has changed,not for the better!