Wisdom, Knowledge,Talent; And it's all, right here, at the Cafe.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Not really much on my past as of yet, But tomorrow I am starting a diet and also give up the smokes.

Several years ago, I went from 240lbs to 197lbs. I am back to 220lbs and want to get to 190ish. Anyone else want to join me?

Feeders??????

How about a Brown Cafe Biggest Loser?

I love mexican food! My favorite band is Megadeth! I love the show Xena! I drive a 4x4 Toyota! No boxers, briefs only! I think UPS kicks ass! I work in the medical field! I am a native Californian! I dont drink or do drugs! My favorite movie is Gone with the Wind! I have bad insomnia! I have blond hair, blue eyes, 6", 145lbs! My name is John!:peaceful:

http://www.browncafe.com/community/forums/introductions-and-welcomes.62/

And I hope I don't hear that Xena Warrior Princess holler, on the cruise.

Life is simple. People make it complicated.

Steve,

From my own experiences and from my first husband and I (when we were in our late teens ourselves) taking in five of his nieces and nephews who had been bounced around like ping pong balls to places they should never have been,

It may be a mixed blessing to come from the not so perfect background you described. The rose colored glasses aren't there; you see things for what they are. You already know when you hit the ground running as an adult what kind of person you want to be because you've seen the good and the bad. Chances are, you become resilient and create a positive foundation - vs - people raised in insulated, protected environments who are shocked once they leave the nest to find the world contains unsavory characters. It takes them longer to learn (if they do) that they've made the wrong decisions, hung with/married the wrong people.

You carved out a good life for yourself and your family, Steve, when you could easily have become a bully or a victim. You focus on the positive and run with it, which is what we like about you!

Love your perspective, Sammie.

Yes, too focus on the positive! I grew up with 3 step moms, and 3 step dads, but love my parents. Although, did not want that for myself. Married 19 years this year, and hope it will be forever. Often wonder, why me and my one sister are so focused, but one sister and brother are not? Anyway, just love the last sentence, of "focus on the positive, and run with it!!!":peaceful:

I always pictured my life as one of the Brady kids. When I look back, I realize that my life wasn't as perfect as I would have wanted it to be. It's at this point that the choice is made. Do I start here and make it better, or remain the same?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
at two steps per second. A residential stop should take 30 seconds, steering wheel to steering wheel. :dance::dance::dance:

I just practice my best Fred Astaire/Gene Kelly when delivering.

Man_dances_2.gif

Big Babooba

I had steamed clams last night.

The key is to throw some beer in the water you cook them in.

There. I have passed on valuable knowledge. Use this knowledge wisely. Use it for good, never evil, young padiwan.
I'm dying for some steamahs right now - in drawn buttah and a beeyah. Some fried clams would be good too. Gotta be the whole belly, not the strips.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
You just gave UK guy a platform to list more of his accomplishments. Just don't know if there is enough bandwidth space to contain him.

Great thread Steve......

I dont need a platform or an invitation to let loose thankyou blackbox.
however I`m not one to turn down a good oportunity .........

In my 36 trips around the sun Ive discovered that theres a lot of haters out there. lots of envy and jealousy towards fellow men / women.
Ive discovered the only thng that is loyal to the end and worships the very ground you walk on is your dog. He or she would die protecting you is always happy to see you and doesnt care who or where you go to or with.
Everyone makes mistakes, some more than others.
We let ourselves down often so go easy on others who let you down.
Forgiving someone thats hurt you helps the wound they left heal faster.
Everybody needs a hug now and again .
The bigger they are the harder they fall is true but they forgot to mention the harder they hit/kick/bite/throw/grab/pinch etc etc.
kindness is not a show of weekness.
Never feer anyone who announces to you or the crowd watching that they "are "going to kick your ass" Feer the ones who say nothing.
Never eat yellow snow.
we have much to learn from animals.
someone always has it much worse than you.
He died for you so try to live for him.
its better to be judged by 12 than be carried by six.
CYA.
Dont believe anything you see on the TV
Truth is stranger than fiction especialy if you hang out around me.
Dont judge a book by its cover but its ok to take precautions through educated guesses or personal expeirience.
Just because a dog is born in a barn it doesnt make him a horse
If we took our own advice we would be better people.

Big Babooba

Re: Anyone esle up for a change?

Several years ago, I went from 240lbs to 197lbs. I am back to 220lbs and want to get to 190ish. Anyone else want to join me?
I was up to 327. I hit a plateau at 280. Then we got telematics and because I walk off more stops to avoid backing, I'm down to 272.:happy2: I'm aiming for 250 and If I hit that, I'm gonna see where I can go from there. I might have to change my name to Not So Big Babooba!

Sammie

I just practice my best Fred Astaire/Gene Kelly when delivering.

Man_dances_2.gif

You're not the only one...

In the days when we office girls got to spend a day out with a driver
to see what it was like (but which doesn't happen any more due to
liability issues or whatever,) I spent the day with a driver (a good friend and a real character) who delivered to a mall, which is an all day job.

On our lunch break we discussed the fact that he taught ball room dancing and that I had taken ball room dancing lessons not too long before (since then, a lost art, I'm afraid...)

So we're sitting outside on a loading dock at the back of the mall eating lunch, in our browns, no body else around, when he decides to teach me a bit of the fox trot or some such thing. There we are, tripping the light fantastic, when Management pulls up to see how things are going.

Earth, open up and swallow me whole. We weren't doing a thing wrong,
but what an embarrassing moment!!! :ohmy::blushing:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You're not the only one...

In the days when we office girls got to spend a day out with a driver
to see what it was like (but which doesn't happen any more due to
liability issues or whatever,) I spent the day with a driver (a good friend and a real character) who delivered to a mall, which is an all day job.

On our lunch break we discussed the fact that he taught ball room dancing and that I had taken ball room dancing lessons not too long before (since then, a lost art, I'm afraid...)

So we're sitting outside on a loading dock at the back of the mall eating lunch, in our browns, no body else around, when he decides to teach me a bit of the fox trot or some such thing. There we are, tripping the light fantastic, when Management pulls up to see how things are going.

Earth, open up and swallow me whole. We weren't doing a thing wrong,
but what an embarrassing moment!!! :ohmy::blushing:

Do you see why I always carry my camera?:surprised:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I love mexican food! My favorite band is Megadeth! I love the show Xena! I drive a 4x4 Toyota! No boxers, briefs only! I think UPS kicks ass! I work in the medical field! I am a native Californian! I dont drink or do drugs! My favorite movie is Gone with the Wind! I have bad insomnia! I have blond hair, blue eyes, 6", 145lbs! My name is John!:peaceful:

You are a wanna be gay, theres no way your favourite movie is gone with the wind ! true Gays prefer Annie or the Rocky Horror Picture Show ! I think we have a faker folks.
For the record all I am not Gay I only know this information because my boyfriend called me after he read this post. He is a real Gay !

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
You are a wanna be gay, theres no way your favourite movie is gone with the wind ! true Gays prefer Annie or the Rocky Horror Picture Show ! I think we have a faker folks.
For the record all I am not Gay I only know this information because my boyfriend called me after he read this post. He is a real Gay !

LOL, Just kidding