‘Never should you hit an animal’: TikToker says UPS courier hit her dog in the head with his scanner

wilberforce15

It is always the owners fault. Dogs do their job. Loose, biters, whatever, all on the owner.
And yet, when it's all on the owner, one should still feel free to slay the dog as needed in self-defense, and be prepared to do so.

It might be the owner's fault. But the one doing the biting gets to be the one dying.

Poop Head

Judge me.
And yet, when it's all on the owner, one should still feel free to slay the dog as needed in self-defense, and be prepared to do so.

It might be the owner's fault. But the one doing the biting gets to be the one dying.
At work I carry a solid metal pen in each pocket. That way i can get to one if one arm is incapacitated.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Yes, you have to be prepared to protect yourself. Just saying, not the dogs fault.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Use the DIAD to defend yourself. That's what they teach us

I'm sure a little fufu never bit anybody.....
I got a letter for running to my truck, I had time, I slammed the door and the dog bounced off as I slammed it shut... bounced off. Guess I should have stood and fought it off with the diad, screw that. It was not coming to say Hello and get a biscuit.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm not a fan of those dogs but I agree the problem is with the owners. Some breeds need more care in their training. Above all their socialization.
i have never had one. ive met both kinds. I will never have anything but a doberman, and mine is 13 and there will be no more when she is gone. My last 3 were dobies. Sweet as can be, but have encountered mean ones. I cant raise them all. You can train an animal to guard, without training it to kill. But you have to be smarter than the dog.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I did nothing and it caused a dog to bite my hand.
I’ve now defended myself with my boot, my diad, and packages.
I now have 8 residential stops I don’t deliver to anymore because they hate me and I’m fine with that.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
i have never had one. ive met both kinds. I will never have anything but a doberman, and mine is 13 and there will be no more when she is gone. My last 3 were dobies. Sweet as can be, but have encountered mean ones. I cant raise them all. You can train an animal to guard, without training it to kill. But you have to be smarter than the dog.
All about the breeder. If they’re unscrupulous you’ll get a psycho. If not it’s on you to raise the dog right.

I got a letter for running to my truck, I had time, I slammed the door and the dog bounced off as I slammed it shut... bounced off. Guess I should have stood and fought it off with the diad, screw that. It was not coming to say Hello and get a biscuit.
No toon they threw you under the bus.
Take care of yourself first with this company does not give one flying rat's ass about you