0 CHANCE OF STRIKE

I'll souly post in this thread if you would please. A strike is a very big possibility. The company can afford to lose money and paint you as the bad guy to the general public. I can see it now. Teamsters turn down massive 14,800,000,000 offer. Then they post the specifics and our wage plus health and welfare plus pension.

Ehhh, kind of. Neither the company or the membership can afford a strike. They would paint us as the bad guy, that's why they've already put out our top rates to any media outlet that would post it, they're already ahead of the game on that front. But they do still have to shareholders to answer to and a lockout after one or even two denials of this contract would look really bad, especially in the midst of record profits. That said, a strike would cost the membership more jobs than any new job classification. Either strike/lockout would kill perceptual reliability/credibility in the eye of the public and would be more costly than anything in '97. It's a new world, the public relies on delivery more than ever, it wouldn't be the same as when they were on our side 21 years ago.

In all fairness, this contract really isn't far off in my mind, mostly just a handful of scary language like "as long as work is available" and absolutely ZERO 22.4 protections.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ehhh, kind of. Neither the company or the membership can afford a strike. They would paint us as the bad guy, that's why they've already put out our top rates to any media outlet that would post it, they're already ahead of the game on that front. But they do still have to shareholders to answer to and a lockout after one or even two denials of this contract would look really bad, especially in the midst of record profits. That said, a strike would cost the membership more jobs than any new job classification. Either strike/lockout would kill perceptual reliability/credibility in the eye of the public and would be more costly than anything in '97. It's a new world, the public relies on delivery more than ever, it wouldn't be the same as when they were on our side 21 years ago.

In all fairness, this contract really isn't far off in my mind, mostly just a handful of scary language like "as long as work is available" and absolutely ZERO 22.4 protections.
We have the power, don’t falter and think otherwise.

This is our year to show the company what their main investment should be, not how to squeeze more from us.

This is our year to show the public what we really deal with day in and day out, then stack peak on top of it. We deserve every penny of compensation, and then some. Management has made this job harder, not only physically, but mentally due to all these failed projects they invest in.

The one project they need to invest in that that aren’t, it’s people, that goes for quality management being compensated and getting rid of and stop promoting incompetent ones. That goes for making sure drivers get to see their families during the year, and at least after 60 hours of work during peak times.

jagger john

You keep posting and calling the leadership of the IBT crooks.

But, have yet to offer up any sort of proof. They're crooks, because the internet told you ?

What have they done that is illegal ?

-Bug-
they have presented with a embarissing offer that they think were bunch fools.33 year driver worst i have seen in best of times

jagger john

At the money UPS is plunking down there is nothing in it for them to not let us strike. They could also lock us out and watch these members beg to come back. You really think your brothers and sisters are all ready to walk over these issues? UPS knows you aren't, but they won't bow to Fred, Sean, or whoever thinks they are a Teamster warlord.
must be mangement we are not accepting a shi offer we have plenty moneynot like unroads

TheFigurehead

The company can afford to lose money and paint you as the bad guy to the general public.

And? The general public are barely our customers anymore. They press a button and the seller/merchant decides how to ship it. Are they going to stop buying useless crap from Amazon? Are they going to go running to the company who runs the 401k they are in and demand they drop all their UPS stock? The general public can think what they want. If they have a problem with what UPS pays, they are free to come on down to any hub in the country and slug it out as a pt UPS employee until they get their shot at driving in a few years and quickly learn how a driver earns that much money.

Doubleparkedrunner

You keep posting and calling the leadership of the IBT crooks.

But, have yet to offer up any sort of proof. They're crooks, because the internet told you ?

What have they done that is illegal ?

-Bug-

Sam (Ace) Rothstein: Listen, if you didn't know you were being scammed,you're too dumb to keep this job.

If you did know you were in on it. Either way, you're out!

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
This whole thread is a distraction. The possibility of a strike is real. Whoever created this is some supervisor afraid to get a beer can through his windshield when he has to have a load rate of 3,000 pckgs an hour on August 1st. Welcome to hell.

john chesney

My answer is not based on any personal feelings. I use a special method that helps me decide. Every time I talk about about the strike my balls tingle. That means its going to happen. I have used this method on many events and I happen to be correct on all of them. For example: Vietnam war, Pear harbor and just recently the exiting of a member name Nancy.
Can your balls tell me anything about my future??

BrownRecycler

This is what I think. Some thinks well because strike happen in the past that UPS wouldn't do that again. This is when they are wrong. Union Prez made it happen and the only way way get focus at 120% are through strike. I don't care who fault was it that escalate it. Strike must happen to shift focus and attention from both side.

Either way, my job is on the line and sooner the agreement get resolve the better. Strike will make it very easy for better communication and focus. No more golf resort, no more bagel and cream cheese, and no more vacation! War must come!

Voting No - Get your head out of the rear and fix this immediately!

opey

why would a potential strike scare anyone into voting yes? if you are a union memeber you should be hoping for a strike.. because it would be over within days and we would get what we want. Us employees would lose a couple hundred dollars a day, the company would be losing millions upon millions

542thruNthru

why would a potential strike scare anyone into voting yes? if you are a union memeber you should be hoping for a strike.. because it would be over within days and we would get what we want. Us employees would lose a couple hundred dollars a day, the company would be losing millions upon millions

A strike would mean much more then just a couple hundred dollars a day. No one should hope for a strike. It will effect union members lives in extreme ways across the country.

Though I agree no one should vote "yes" just because of the fear of a strike, but no one should hope for one.

vvv

0 chance of a strike the company would loose more then they could afford. Anyone says a strike is coming is lying and using scare tactics. Don't believe the hype vote no.

Why is it a scare tactic? I'm not afraid to strike. Been there-done that. Some of the funnest times I've ever had. :)

vvv

Republican President says zero chance for strike. President Clinton wasn't about to step in against the union in the 90s. President Trump will not allow it to happen. Back to the table. Plus, I doubt Hoffa is on our side. He won't let us strike either lol. I'm still a firm no

And after reading @Indecisi0n post I'm just simply firm.

vvv

A strike would mean much more then just a couple hundred dollars a day. No one should hope for a strike. It will effect union members lives in extreme ways across the country.

Though I agree no one should vote "yes" just because of the fear of a strike, but no one should hope for one.

I want to see and experience another one.

Hangout for a bit on the line...cocktails...golf with the guys...cocktails...baseball games...cocktails...catch sun...cocktails.

Had a frigging BLAST last time!!

vvv

No, if at the end of 30 years you dont have your :censored2: together thats your fault. 30 years of making the money and you cant survive on 32oo a month, rethink how your living.

I'll give it some thought........ok............I've thought about it.
I'm not changing my spending habits and WE WANT more money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!