1.8% profit last quarter at express.

bbsam

Staff member
Because this is the way it has always been we shouldn't strive for something better?

Nothing wrong with it at all. The problem comes after you succeed and become the upper class. Like I said before. We were supposed to be different. We aren't.

bbsam

Staff member
Which is why we should be working towards a more egalitarian society instead of this constant cycle of dominance and upheaval. Marxism tried and failed. But did we defeat Marxism only to have a master/servant society? Is this what so many Americans died for, the right to take advantage of others to the point that a clear, permanent underclass is evolving? There have always been poor people, but now a huge segment of the population is being forced into a poor existence so that another large segment can do well. We are back on the path of an aristocracy and their henchmen subjugating everyone else. Who knew America's biggest enemies were within our own citizenry?

Look around. You tell me. Who gets bailed out and who gets foreclosed on? Who fights the wars and who cashes the fat wall street bonuses?

purplesky

I know from other forums that you have a love affair with the idea that UPS and FDX are going into the retail business. I don't see that happening. Watch how it plays out. Amazon will soon tire of this experiment. Everyone isn't going to be everything to everybody.

What about Walmart bbsam? Do you really think Walmart is going to allow Amazon to steal more and more of their market share? Walmart has the ability to develop their own(in each city) shipping company and they are currently working on it. Walmart is a company that has to have complete control of their operation so using FDX or UPS for shipping wont work long term.

Everyone? In 2013 you have UPS and FDX for shipping.(post office will be dead soon). Ask Best Buy or Dell about technology and change? Who would have thought that these 2 companies would be where they are now 10 years ago.

The same day delivery idea is kind of dumb but if Walmart can get shampoo or trash bags to a customer quickly(like Amazon does) with their own shipping company than this will have a huge impact on FDX and UPS.

Walmart is the key player that could change the online retail world with their own delivery company.

UPS already is in the retail biz. Its a company called Amazon that has big warehouses that fill orders for people who buy stuff from their Amazon website. UPS built Amazon from the ground up.

The thing I love about this brilliant idea is that it would be so easy for UPS to pull off. All your doing is just taking out the online middleman.

Walmart and Amazon ALREADY ARE TRYING TO BE EVERYTHING TO EVERYBODY. :wink2:

CJinx

Good, I hope Walmart starts delivering their own stuff. I'm sick and tired of dealing with boxes that leak kitty litter and/or laundry detergent because they were packed by idiots with no internal packing materials to protect the items inside.

MAKAVELI

I know from other forums that you have a love affair with the idea that UPS and FDX are going into the retail business. I don't see that happening. Watch how it plays out. Amazon will soon tire of this experiment. Everyone isn't going to be everything to everybody.

What about Walmart bbsam? Do you really think Walmart is going to allow Amazon to steal more and more of their market share? Walmart has the ability to develop their own(in each city) shipping company and they are currently working on it. Walmart is a company that has to have complete control of their operation so using FDX or UPS for shipping wont work long term.

Everyone? In 2013 you have UPS and FDX for shipping.(post office will be dead soon). Ask Best Buy or Dell about technology and change? Who would have thought that these 2 companies would be where they are now 10 years ago.

The same day delivery idea is kind of dumb but if Walmart can get shampoo or trash bags to a customer quickly(like Amazon does) with their own shipping company than this will have a huge impact on FDX and UPS.

Walmart is the key player that could change the online retail world with their own delivery company.

UPS already is in the retail biz. Its a company called Amazon that has big warehouses that fill orders for people who buy stuff from their Amazon website. UPS built Amazon from the ground up.

The thing I love about this brilliant idea is that it would be so easy for UPS to pull off. All your doing is just taking out the online middleman.

Last time I checked Amazon was its own company. Amazon built Amazon. You provide a service to them, that's it.

vantexan

Look around. You tell me. Who gets bailed out and who gets foreclosed on? Who fights the wars and who cashes the fat wall street bonuses?

Which is why it'll never happen because guys like you, who know better, figure that's just the way it is so better grab mine while I can.

vantexan

I think shut-ins or people too busy to shop, but don't want to hire a housekeeper, would be interested in such a service. Lord knows Walmart is just about everywhere now. Now there's an image, a blue and white van with a big smiley face and the caption "Always the low price, always" blowing by a purple and green van on the highway.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I need to get back to work---do yourself a favor and research it---you would be surprised as to the degree of influence UPS had in making Amazon what it is today.

bbsam

Staff member
I believe guys like you will lead a revolution and will be exactly like those you replace in a matter of time, a la the French Revolution.
Which is why it'll never happen because guys like you, who know better, figure that's just the way it is so better grab mine while I can.

MAKAVELI

I need to get back to work---do yourself a favor and research it---you would be surprised as to the degree of influence UPS had in making Amazon what it is today.
Influence and building a company are two completely different things. UPS not Steve Jobs and Amazon is not Apple.

Last edited:

FedExRookie

We still have ignorant drivers that think the company is going to take care of us. People we are slowly becoming bankrupt. Not only are we losing freight like its our job. sales are marching right into offices and diverting business to ground. good luck to all my express co-workers. i have a feeling this is as good as it will get. You may ask, What else can they take away? Paid sick days, holiday pay, decrease in vacation. No raises and an unreachable top out. There is a lot more to take away and they will if they have too. So sad, I enjoy the work but Fedex doesn't care about an employee number.

As long as they keep tuition reimbursement alive, I just need this company to stick around a year and a half. Everyone else, even the the old timers, take advantage and start working towards another angle in life.