1 hour lunch changed to 30 minute (supplemental)

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
funny they’ll enforce a lunch but never enforce the 4th to 6th rule
🧔‍♂️✊
They do in our building.... if you file 9.5.
"You failed to take your lunch and breaks at the right times." No 9.5 for you.
I just say, show me that line in the contract, or the line that says past practice, and may i see that past practice in writing?

some1else

Banned
if it's not between 30 and 60 and anytime during the day with a mile exception I would not survive in your local.
That’s interesting. Here they always give instruction that soon as you “break grace” you must punch out for lunch. Several people have fought it and when sent to panel won, with panel deciding the driver must have 1hr lunch break not 50 minutes and 5 minutes driving each way to nearest location. Do they try the same in your area?

oldngray

nowhere special
That’s interesting. Here they always give instruction that soon as you “break grace” you must punch out for lunch. Several people have fought it and when sent to panel won, with panel deciding the driver must have 1hr lunch break not 50 minutes and 5 minutes driving each way to nearest location. Do they try the same in your area?
Lunch starts the moment you step out of your package car. Driving time doesn't count.

Manifesto

Lunch starts the moment you step out of your package car. Driving time doesn't count.
I always use the restroom and wash my hands before eating. I punch my lunch AFTER doing that because I'm not going to the bathroom on the clock. Punch back on the clock when I get back to my truck.

Thebrownblob

They’ve tried that brick. Trace crap here and it didn’t work either.

Cowboy Mac

funny they’ll enforce a lunch but never enforce the 4th to 6th rule
🧔‍♂️✊
That must be in your supplement because in the Southern the 4th to 6th rule is only for inside 22.3s.
1 hour has always been required in my local. Haven't checked to see if we will now have the option for 30 minutes.
The new Southern supplement is now giving us the option at our discretion to take between 30 mins to 1 hr. 15 minutes of the hour can be saved for later in the day.

We don’t have to give written notice like OP. That’s just dumb.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Feedah drivers !!
Have you seen how big our lunch is ???
IMG_4869.gif

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
If everyone took their hour lunch every day at the same time nobody would finish businesses and more routes would have to be added

Brown Down

They tried that here and someone asked what would happen if they were the involved in a wreck while on lunch. Needless to say they don't question as long as it's in reason.