1 hour lunch changed to 30 minute (supplemental)

That’s interesting. Here they always give instruction that soon as you “break grace” you must punch out for lunch. Several people have fought it and when sent to panel won, with panel deciding the driver must have 1hr lunch break not 50 minutes and 5 minutes driving each way to nearest location. Do they try the same in your area?
The problems we have had locally is people had driven past many other places they could go to lunch

I'm sure if your numbers are good then they won't bother you but if you have crappy numbers they are looking at this big time

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
In my building most drivers take a one minute lunch, bc you get a warning letter for no lunch.

OP is from the DMV though so that probably explains why he thinks he’s better than everyone else.
That’s what we did till last week until management got a hard on for 30 min lunch. Hope they remember this for peak 🤷‍♂️

Phillip J Fry

sobbing between stops
Who the hell wants to take a full hour lunch
That’s interesting. Here they always give instruction that soon as you “break grace” you must punch out for lunch. Several people have fought it and when sent to panel won, with panel deciding the driver must have 1hr lunch break not 50 minutes and 5 minutes driving each way to nearest location. Do they try the same in your area?
They call that time theft In my center, if you don’t punch out as soon as you break trace. I think think this is illegal, you’re operating a vehicle not resting the DOT requirement isn't met. Somebody sue UPS and let me know how it goes.

That’s what we did till last week until management got a hard on for 30 min lunch. Hope they remember this for peak 🤷‍♂️
When it started getting hot a couple weeks ago they were harping on at least three ten minute breaks throughout the day. Going over timecards and nagging drivers who didn’t comply. I think they’ve moved on to a new Current Thing by now.

10:30 resi

I guess we should be grateful it's not a mandatory one hour lunch 6 months of the year and mandatory 30 minutes the other 6, considering these are the same people who agreed to part timers only getting paid overtime for their sixth punch half of the year

rod

Retired 22 years
Isn't just a half hour for lunch what most runner gunners want? Most runners don't even take that. The amount of time you idiots donate to the company is amazing.

Grindstone

None of you guys heard of a lunch pail? Unbelievable...
I've had lunch a few times with other drivers when I use to run a route where everyone was a bit closer together. That's really nice every once in a while. But I can't imagine buying food on area every single day. Especially past couple years with prices going up.