1 hour lunch changed to 30 minute (supplemental)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I've had lunch a few times with other drivers when I use to run a route where everyone was a bit closer together. That's really nice every once in a while. But I can't imagine buying food on area every single day. Especially past couple years with prices going up.
Good thing we just got massive raises. I’m eating lunch out forever now.

BobJ

We've got a driver who eats Little Caesars pizza every single day, because its on his route. He just changes the toppings.

We call him "Ninja Turtle". He's also short and fat.

oldngray

nowhere special
Weve been told at my center that the second you break off to go to a spot to eat your travel time Is when your break starts….
From when I first began driving my sup told me it started as soon as you stepped out of your truck. To my knowledge that never changed despite some people in management trying to claim otherwise.

some1else

Banned
From when I first began driving my sup told me it started as soon as you stepped out of your truck. To my knowledge that never changed despite some people in management trying to claim otherwise.
Use an extreme example. If you are on a very rural route and the nearest place with food and a place to wash up is 29.99 minutes away. Management instructs you to punch out when you break grace you get to sit there for less than a minute then drive back? Almost an hour driving all on “lunch”. I wonder what would happen if you had a serious accident and law enforcement noticed that break was spent driving.

Isn't just a half hour for lunch what most runner gunners want? Most runners don't even take that. The amount of time you idiots donate to the company is amazing.
My lunch break is unpaid, so I don’t follow that logic at all. In fact, the only way I donate my time is if I’m sitting in a dirty smelly truck FOR FREE when I could be literally anywhere else.

“But muh more jobs”

Don’t care, seethe and cope. I’ve been in the union for almost 10 years and just this month they managed to get a contract that didn’t totally suck. Meanwhile my dividend checks come in every quarter, and will continue to come long after the pension fund digs itself into a hole it can’t climb out of.

None of you guys heard of a lunch pail? Unbelievable...
The majority of old heads are city slickers whose toughest decision on-route is between McDookie and Turder King. I’ve driven many routes that have 0 or 1 gas station. This is why I always pack 6 quarts of water, 100g of protein bars / shakes, some fruit, and most importantly a piss jug. If it were practical I’d also bring a snatch block and a come-along.

Ironically, these fat boomer slobs are the same people who loudly complain about the younger generation being soft.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
The majority of old heads are city slickers whose toughest decision on-route is between McDookie and Turder King. I’ve driven many routes that have 0 or 1 gas station. This is why I always pack 6 quarts of water, 100g of protein bars / shakes, some fruit, and most importantly a piss jug. If it were practical I’d also bring a snatch block and a come-along.

Ironically, these fat boomer slobs are the same people who loudly complain about the younger generation being soft.
Dont forget ya baby wipes

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊

Don’t forget about rain bags for those nasty summer rainbaggers!
🧔‍♂️✊

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They call that time theft In my center, if you don’t punch out as soon as you break trace. I think think this is illegal, you’re operating a vehicle not resting the DOT requirement isn't met. Somebody sue UPS and let me know how it goes.
Weve been told at my center that the second you break off to go to a spot to eat your travel time Is when your break starts….

It's hard for me to fathom.... that people can be this gullible.

Do you punch out to use the bathroom ?