10:30 commits are dead. 12pm here we go!

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
4D76085C-85BC-445A-B141-B8EA27C82E94.gif

My NDA were already committed by 12 every day, which means… NO TIME COMMITS!

rustys954rr

The update from UPS says that residential NDA will be moved up to 12. It doesn't specifically say business will stay at 10:30 but I'm taking it as that.
So basically they'll want to rely on Orion that doesn't know it's head from it's butt when dispatching "residential only" ground on Saturday. All that does is puts more air on us ground drivers, and most likely we'll have to sift out the 10:30 commits from the false 12:00 commits that most likely trigger a late when you c.i.r. it as commercial. Seems like another short sited budget move from UPS that will cost them way more in the long run.

35years

Gravy route
Noon resi commit just means Orion will make me run the route an extra time...Once for business air by 1030, a few ground stops (take break) then run resi nda, then run the route a 3rd time.

Sounds like more miles...$$$ for less work.

nWo

I always love having to run straight air so I can deliver a box of nutrigran bars from Amazon by 1030 to an empty house.

Whereistheunion

In two weeks UPS is killing 10:30 commit times, Next day air will now be 12pm. Your thoughts?
This won't help us drivers very much if at all, adding more air to existing routes and eliminating more Air drivers. More work less people American capitalism at it's best. If your running a (100 %) business route your route just got that much better; NO air saver commits 1200 Next day air commits.