10:30 commits are dead. 12pm here we go!

tramtwo

If properly utilized this could mean more work for air drivers... could essentially double their stop counts.

tramtwo

Bet it means more work for 22.4 drivers. Maximize your least expensive labor.
Top Air rate here is 34.12. You take one residential air stop off a route you can add several ground stops.

Every move the company makes increases the stop counts. I'm so glad I moved out a package into 22.3

ManInBrown

Which does nothing. Still have to break off and do the airs one way or another. Can’t get through a whole route by noon.
Yeah but if you had a few businesses that got one NDA and 38 ground packages everyday where you had to go on an Easter egg hunt to find them all, it would help with that.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Yeah but if you had a few businesses that got one NDA and 38 ground packages everyday where you had to go on an Easter egg hunt to find them all, it would help with that.
Assuming the worst implementation possible (always a good bet) the businesses would still have 1030 commits and you would simply have more residential 1200 commits

Cloud

Maybe they finally realized that if we left the building late...that it would be impossible to meet an arbitrary time. And I've seen dispatches with routes that have 30-40 pieces of air...you can kiss that commit time out the window with a dispatch like that. Oh and not to mention air that gets misloaded or if it doesn't even make it onto the car and left behind as a LIB...

BrownSnowFlake

Maybe they finally realized that if we left the building late...that it would be impossible to meet an arbitrary time. And I've seen dispatches with routes that have 30-40 pieces of air...you can kiss that commit time out the window with a dispatch like that. Oh and not to mention air that gets misloaded or if it doesn't even make it onto the car and left behind as a LIB...
I, for one, am glad to hear that we'll be getting more than 30 minutes to get our air off.

542thruNthru

Misery loves company. All the bitchiest drivers try the hardest to get people to join them.

They're just jealous of people with better jobs.
200w-3.gif

Keeping the news pretty quiet in my building. I asked a couple of the AM air drivers what they knew about it and they thought I was fear mongering. A couple on road sups reluctantly confirmed it starts the 18th.

JL 0513

Perhaps this is peak operation starting super early this year. Each year, the peak window seems to expand.

Last year, Covid was the excuse to throw away service but I don't think they can use that excuse at this point. It's interesting though that business saver commits never returned.

Perhaps this is peak operation starting super early this year. Each year, the peak window seems to expand.

Last year, Covid was the excuse to throw away service but I don't think they can use that excuse at this point. It's interesting though that business saver commits never returned.
Wasn't a mother's Day week that they canceled all the commit times also?

It's all big freaking joke