10:30 Commits now 10:29, another DIAD 6 annoyance.

Thebrownblob

Yep.
Our center situation we got DIAD 6 last week. No training. Figuring out on the fly. New PVD scab off to sup school and the other two on roads still on vacation. Loaders packing 5-7 trucks.
“Can you work the preload”
“Can you work Saturday”

Hahaha
1654856475112.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How close to your start time do you wait to punch in?
2 minutes or less. The center start time looks like a 100 yard dash.

Point is, the diad should punch in at the point you enter ID #. Any crash after that point should not matter. It's no different than punching in a time clock.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

2 minutes or less. The center start time looks like a 100 yard dash.

Point is, the diad should punch in at the point you enter ID #. Any crash after that point should not matter. It's no different than punching in a time clock.
I punch in like 5 or 10 min before start time and just sit around until then.

Phenom5

Not here long enough to know but with the 5 I thought you could be backed up at the dock, have the customer open the door, scan some additional ground pieces, gather a signature and stop complete well past 1030 and it would still be on time. So long as the piece was out of the truck and at the established delivery point for the customer to do as they please before 1030.

The 6 on the other hand will mark late so long as the stop complete is 1030 or later.
This! As long as pkg was scanned at 10:30 you could find the rest of a bulk stop and stop complete 10 mins later. Pkg wouldn't be late.

Shorts365

Doesn’t everyone get to their diad slot 10 seconds after pcm starts?

Also can confirm that you can stop complete well after 10:30 as long as you scan first label during 10:29.

Ghost in the Darkness

You know that incompetance that greets you from management when you arrive to start your day?
Now with diad 6 and orion you can take that incompetance on the road with you everyday too!! Gone are the days of finding your groove and banging out stops. The simple things at ups have never been so difficult and needlessly complicated. Everyday you will feel in some ways like a rookie again, but worse.
Congratulations Carol, you and Biden have a connection and its not your catch phrases using the word "better". I think the song by Stabbing Westward "Everything I touch I break" sums you both up pretty well.