10:30 commits are dead. 12pm here we go!

I still pickup 2ams sometimes. Lmao.
IMG_20211009_144432658.jpg

BrownSnowFlake

Perhaps this is peak operation starting super early this year. Each year, the peak window seems to expand.

Last year, Covid was the excuse to throw away service but I don't think they can use that excuse at this point. It's interesting though that business saver commits never returned.
Desu most people just don't care that much about getting their stuff by 10:30. Documents can be e-mailed or faxed. Maybe once in awhile somebody needs a new transistor for grandpa's iron lung but it's rare. With half the country on the dole or working from the couch in their pajamas it seems like we've switched to "island time". There just isn't that sense of urgency anymore, and why should there be?

Or maybe people are just having trouble keeping up. Next-day shipping is the norm now and same-day is growing. Even the most low-budget ground package can make it from LA to NYC in 3 days in the UPS system.

Desu most people just don't care that much about getting their stuff by 10:30. Documents can be e-mailed or faxed. Maybe once in awhile somebody needs a new transistor for grandpa's iron lung but it's rare. With half the country on the dole or working from the couch in their pajamas it seems like we've switched to "island time". There just isn't that sense of urgency anymore, and why should there be?
I disagree with that statement. Many times I'm delivering parts that people need . Temperature sensitive medicine,

oldngray

nowhere special
I disagree with that statement. Many times I'm delivering parts that people need . Temperature sensitive medicine,
Some places are shut down until they get a part and costs them thousands in idle time. Those are the minority of NDAs though. You usually only have a couple of customers where the time is that critical.

BrownSnowFlake

I'm sure stuff like that will still have early commit times, and that's fine. If it's on a country route it was 12:00 commit anyways. Like somebody else said above, I've crisscrossed my area too many times for 10:30 commits just to see them lying in the same spot 6 hours later. I've even delivered a NDA box of diapers to a house that was less than a mile from 3 different dollar stores.

UPS is just looking for a way to save time and miles. The shippers who actually care about early delivery will spend the extra money on EAM.

Some places are shut down until they get a part and costs them thousands in idle time. Those are the minority of NDAs though. You usually only have a couple of customers where the time is that critical.
One of my customers services different kinds of machines and that technician is sitting there being paid waiting for me to bring that part.

I'm sure stuff like that will still have early commit times, and that's fine. If it's on a country route it was 12:00 commit anyways. Like somebody else said above, I've crisscrossed my area too many times for 10:30 commits just to see them lying in the same spot 6 hours later. I've even delivered a NDA box of diapers to a house that was less than a mile from 3 different dollar stores.

UPS is just looking for a way to save time and miles. The shippers who actually care about early delivery will spend the extra money on EAM.
EAM are expensive.

Also with a lot of people still working from home, sometimes the computer goes down and they don't have an IT department at their house so they get it a new computer center house next day air

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
The way it’s phrased I wonder if they’ll keep the 10:30 time in the board but just refuse the refund when it inevitably gets delivered late