100% Surveillance by UPS outside of work; Cell Phone & Computer Usage

Big Babooba

It appears that UPS or someone closely affiliated with UPS feels the need to constantly investigate the activities of employees outside of work, as they monitor all Cell Phone conversations and text messages, where I go using my Cell Phone GPS, all Computer Usage including reading my text messages, places I go, things I do. This has gotten ridiculous as many topics or things I said "Keep Coming UP" in conversation by management or other workers to the point of Harassment, Humiliation, Abuse, and Discrimination. I also think they have some kind of listening device on my phone as a security measure.
I would appreciate any knowledge of this, or words of advice. Thanks in advance.
Ustjay ooseyay Igpay Atinlay. Itay illway onfusekay emthay. Itay orksway allyay ethay imetay!

hypocrisy

Banned
It's actually quite easy for a PI to monitor your comings and goings via cell phone GPS and, depending on the carrier, access all text messages and numbers called. Anyone can get computer monitoring software you can install in less than a minute on any unsecured computer (and a key catcher program can be hidden in an emailed jpeg file or almost any file). You can get instant notification of all conversations on MSIM, FB, Myspace, etc. Many a cheating wife has been discovered this way! (ok cheating husbands too)

The Supreme Court has pretty much said you have no expectation of privacy on work provided computers or cell phones so like I said: if you suspect it's happening and these are your privately owned devices: have a PI check it out for you and contact an attorney. If you're just paranoid, then by all means seek professional help.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Yall are mean.
The company won't spend much money surveilling you unless they think you are stealing from them or offending them in some other way. If they are really bugging your private things then I would guess the law is involved and has a warrant for that and you are screwed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OT..Think about this site for ex...

BC has your IP address and can immediately link it to your upsers.com acct. If you've ever logged into UPSers.com on the same computer you have logged in on BC - bingo, you are not an anonymous user anymore and you will be monitored here.

This well aligns to whoever mentioned (Tie) this site was run by corp and not some priv cause.

Catch you on the flipside. :)

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have said more directly to the faces of labor, union, and management(swearing use to be allowed) than I have ever said here. So if they are watching me,they can listen to this again, oh never mind. It will get moderated. As it should.
Besides, Kathy Griffin says it better..........
[video=youtube;HWBCdrMtEqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWBCdrMtEqo[/video]

menotyou

bella amicizia
You can ask my manager. I was written up for causing "mayhem" once, after I told everyone, Labor Supervisor included, exactly what it was they could suck. Suffice it to say I don't even possess that body part.

The write-up was thrown out, too.

SMILE!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
You can ask my manager. I was written up for causing "mayhem" once, after I told everyone, Labor Supervisor included, exactly what it was they could suck. Suffice it to say I don't even possess that body part.

The write-up was thrown out, too.

SMILE!!!

[video=youtube;tZXM_g3mqew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZXM_g3mqew[/video]

nevik

concernedupser
as extreme as it seems, i wouldnt be surprised! in fact i was wondering once i get set up on this site if id get any new attention? driver? what do you think that little speaker is at the bottom of the diad??

rushfan

Did you know Art Bell retired a few years ago, now George Noory is his new host.

An associate who I work with figured out who I was. Just takes some basic profiling.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is nothing in the suspension or discharge language of the labor agreement that references online activities as being a cause for disciplinary action. What you say on your own time and on your computer using your internet account is your business alone.

My personal opinion is that the company would not waste time or energy trying to "monitor" an Internet forum.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
So true Sober.

And while allegations have flown in the past about this being a stooge site for UPS, they have all been debunked 100% as trash talk by those who dont know.

Tie was not one who talked trash, for the record.

While you are on the clock, UPS can, will and has monitored its employees by various means at its disposal. If you are fearful of that, then maybe you need to look at what you are doing.

d

Used&AbusedwithNoPrivacy

Loyal_Teamster12
oh really than read this, a person can purchase spy software for a cell phone for as little as $99-$200 and if its used by multiple higher union members on their own time in conjunction with UPS management it can't be tracked to one individual (sorry for the font, I can't change it.)

Cell Phone Surveillance Spy Software Secretly Invading Our Privacy

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that UPS or someone closely affiliated with UPS feels the need to constantly investigate the activities of employees outside of work, as they monitor all Cell Phone conversations and text messages, where I go using my Cell Phone GPS, all Computer Usage including reading my text messages, places I go, things I do. This has gotten ridiculous as many topics or things I said "Keep Coming UP" in conversation by management or other workers to the point of Harassment, Humiliation, Abuse, and Discrimination. I also think they have some kind of listening device on my phone as a security measure.

I would appreciate any knowledge of this, or words of advice. Thanks in advance.

I think this guy needs to lay off the CRACK PIPE Paranoid wow

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So true Sober.

And while allegations have flown in the past about this being a stooge site for UPS, they have all been debunked 100% as trash talk by those who dont know.

Tie was not one who talked trash, for the record.

While you are on the clock, UPS can, will and has monitored its employees by various means at its disposal. If you are fearful of that, then maybe you need to look at what you are doing.

d

Enlighten the BC community with the debunking, hard evidence that proves it is not?

For all of the clamoring to the contrary, I have not seen anything.

satellitedriver

Enlighten the BC community with the debunking, hard evidence that proves it is not?

For all of the clamoring to the contrary, I have not seen anything.
You make a false proposal, then demand you be proven wrong.
Provided hard evidence that your false claims are true.
Enlighten me on how knowing one's IP address gains anyone access to a personal account.

Here is a deal you can not pass up, Sleeve.

I will personally mail you 10, $100 "unmarked" bills, if you can prove that anyone connected with Brown Cafe shares your IP to gain access to any of your visited websites.

I am willing to put $1,000.00 on the table, to call your bluff.
Show me the proof and you will get the money.
If you can back up your paranoid claims, you will get your money and I will never visit/moderate this site again.
What are you willing to put on the table to back your claims?

You make a false proposal, then demand you be proven wrong.
Provided hard evidence that your false claims are true.
Enlighten me on how knowing one's IP address gains anyone access to a personal account.

Here is a deal you can not pass up, Sleeve.

I will personally mail you 10, $100 "unmarked" bills, if you can prove that anyone connected with Brown Cafe shares your IP to gain access to any of your visited websites.

I am willing to put $1,000.00 on the table, to call your bluff.
Show me the proof and you will get the money.
If you can back up your paranoid claims, you will get your money and I will never visit/moderate this site again.
What are you willing to put on the table to back your claims?

I bet he puts nothing on the table.