1000 Jobs Saved...

bacha29

It is there, I have no idea how to find it and no time to look. I am too busy making money with my FDX stock you hate so bad. LOL
How come you don't have time to look up a previous post but you have plenty of time for insults and put downs. ? In addition. How many stock trades have you made in your life based on your own independent research? Furthermore why should the American people put up with a company that by design and to avoid taxes stash money in another country be permitted to bring it back tax free when the vast majority of if not all of the money was earned from US operations in the first place. We saw this when Pfizer tried to buy Allergan for no other reason than to be able to call itself an Ireland based company so it could stash all of it's US earnings in Ireland. Then pressure the US Congress to give those earnings a tax free ride back to the US What are the odds of you and I getting away with a scam like this?

Oldfart

How come you don't have time to look up a previous post but you have plenty of time for insults and put downs. ? In addition. How many stock trades have you made in your life based on your own independent research? Furthermore why should the American people put up with a company that by design and to avoid taxes stash money in another country be permitted to bring it back tax free when the vast majority of if not all of the money was earned from US operations in the first place. We saw this when Pfizer tried to buy Allergan for no other reason than to be able to call itself an Ireland based company so it could stash all of it's US earnings in Ireland. Then pressure the US Congress to give those earnings a tax free ride back to the US What are the odds of you and I getting away with a scam like this?
The money was earned and taxed in Europe, Asia, etc etc. How was it earned in US operations if the transactions accured and taxes were paid in foreign countries?

bacha29

The money was earned and taxed in Europe, Asia, etc etc. How was it earned in US operations if the transactions accured and taxes were paid in foreign countries?
Let's see your data on this transactions You might be right. Just because a company proclaims in self to be a foreign headquartered operation doesn't necessarily mean that the sales and earnings were realized. there.

Oldfart

Let's see your data on this transactions You might be right. Just because a company proclaims in self to be a foreign headquartered operation doesn't necessarily mean that the sales and earnings were realized. there.
Those figures are available in the Prospectus on any company that is global. If the money is earned in France and taxed in France, paying 30% or more in US taxes is crazy. I understand a small tax rate but not fully taxed when brought here.

bacha29

Those figures are available in the Prospectus on any company that is global. If the money is earned in France and taxed in France, paying 30% or more in US taxes is crazy. I understand a small tax rate but not fully taxed when brought here.
Are you telling me that you believe that earnings from US operations that are then stashed overseas by companies that are foreign based in name only should be allowed to repatriate those earnings at a rate substantially lower than other US based and US operating companies that can't by the nature of their operations do the same thing .?

Oldfart

Are you telling me that you believe that earnings from US operations that are then stashed overseas by companies that are foreign based in name only should be allowed to repatriate those earnings at a rate substantially lower than other US based and US operating companies that can't by the nature of their operations do the same thing .?
If the money is made in France and taxed in France, where did I say it was made by US operations. If Fedex, UPS, IBM or anyone makes money in France, pays taxes in France, why pay full US taxes when the money is brought to the US? I believe you must be drinking and texting.

bacha29

Read what I said..... EARNINGS FROM US OPERATIONS, meanings sales and earnings that came as a result of activities conducted in the United States.

dmac1

The millions given away in tax incentives will need to be paid by mostly the middle class to make up for the shortfall. In the meanwhile, the wealthy owners get to pocket the money the taxpayers will be ponying up. This is just a direct transfer of wealth to those who don't need it from those who don't have it.

And think about this- Giving a tax break of 10%(or any %)to everyone means that the wealthy can pocket $1 million or more in tax savings., while families on median income get absolutely nothing, since they pay no income tax. What we need is a national debt relief tax based on gross income with no write-offs. I propose a tax cut of a set dollar amount for everyone. Everyone who pays taxes will save the same amount.

dmac1

If the money is made in France and taxed in France, where did I say it was made by US operations. If Fedex, UPS, IBM or anyone makes money in France, pays taxes in France, why pay full US taxes when the money is brought to the US? I believe you must be drinking and texting.

Because it is income to the US when it gets here. Just like inheriting an estate is new income to the inheritor even those the deceases paid taxes on the income when s/he got it. Everyone but the low income need to pay taxes on ALL income.

Oldfart

Read what I said..... EARNINGS FROM US OPERATIONS, meanings sales and earnings that came as a result of activities conducted in the United States.
You must be drinking. In every post I have made, I stated the money was earned and taxed overseas. I have not mentioned anything about money earned and taxed in the US. I have said over and over that money earned and taxed in France, Germany, etc, should not pay full US taxes when brought to the US. PLEASE don't drink and post.

Oldfart

Because it is income to the US when it gets here. Just like inheriting an estate is new income to the inheritor even those the deceases paid taxes on the income when s/he got it. Everyone but the low income need to pay taxes on ALL income.
The money was already taxed when it was earned in France. You want companies to pay 50% or more taxes on income? 15 to 20% in the country it was earned and 30% or more in when it is brought home? Sounds like a great plan to me. Paying .50 on every 1.00 you make in taxes.

bacha29

If the earnings are the direct result of sales made in France then French taxes alone should apply but on sales and earnings from business activities in the US then US taxes should apply. But when a company sets itself up as a foreign based operation in tax havens like Ireland, Indonesia Cayman islands etc. having nothing more there than a hotel room or a post office box for the specific purpose of evading US taxes on US derived profits then goes to Congress wanting to repatriate those earnings at near zero rates far less than what other US based companies are paying who conduct business in the US who do not willfully seek to evade US taxes then are you telling me that these operations should be granted what they are seeking?

Oldfart

And as Greg Hayes CEO of UTC made perfectly clear the money they are investing in the Carrier plant is squarely aimed at the elimination of most if not all of these "saved" jobs through automation.
In his opinion. His opion means nothing right now. Lets see how it plays out

Oldfart

Dude if Santa was republican you would hate on him. heck you hate everything else. bet you still hate Santa and the Easter Bunny.

bacha29

Dude if Santa was republican you would hate on him. heck you hate everything else. bet you still hate Santa and the Easter Bunny.
I don't hate Greg Hayes. I do however accept the comments he made FOR THE RECORD regarding the future of the so called "saved" jobs