1000 Jobs Saved...

Oldfart

Come now. Trump "took chances"? Kerry "took chances"? The Koch brothers "took chances"?

In fact, it's the reason they make for not investing, the "uncertainty". That tells you all about their mindset. They are entitled to success. There is no losing and they have a government ready to bail them out if they do fail.
John Kerry?

Oldfart

John Kerry took chances and made his wealth? You are truly clueless. He inherited his money and then married Heinz. Please have a small clue as to what you are talking about before showing your ignorance.

Just remember. Some are too lazy and stupid to be wealthy.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
John Kerry took chances and made his wealth? You are truly clueless. He inherited his money and then married Heinz. Please have a small clue as to what you are talking about before showing your ignorance.

Just remember. Some are too lazy and stupid to be wealthy.
That's what I'm saying. They don't take chances. Maybe your reading comprehension is what's holding you back from being wealthy.

Oldfart

That's what I'm saying. They don't take chances. Maybe your reading comprehension is what's holding you back from being wealthy.
I am sure I have more than you. Anyone with a brain can make that claim,

Time for the Walking Dead

bacha29

And don't forget the Koch brothers are second generation inherited wealth. Daddy made his money building refineries for a guy named......Josef Stalin.

vantexan

No. It's the wealthy that continues to take from the poor. A vortex of money to the top. It's a lot of why Trump won; he promised to change that dynamic. I doubt that will happen.
Some wealthy do that. Others work hard to build a business and keep it going. Getting wealthy as a result. The real crime is large corporations exploiting large numbers of people. But most companies are small and they provide the goods and services and jobs we need. Trump is promising to help them, resulting in more jobs all around. He's not pitting the classes against each other like Obama and other Dems have done.

vantexan

What do you consider wealthy? I assure you, you will never be mentioned with the Rockefellers or the Kennedys or the Bushes or the Kerry's or the Trumps. Is that simply because you haven't worked hard enough at it?
Why do we have to strive for that kind of wealth? Are our lives incomplete if we don't have that kind of money? Is it unfair that they do?

vantexan

And don't forget the Koch brothers are second generation inherited wealth. Daddy made his money building refineries for a guy named......Josef Stalin.
And the Koch brothers expanded their little empire way beyond their father's wildest dreams. And employ a lot of people.

bacha29

And the Koch brothers expanded their little empire way beyond their father's wildest dreams. And employ a lot of people.
The entire issue was settled earlier today by Greg Hayes CEO of UTC during his interview with Jim Cramer of CNBC. The. money that will be spent at the Carrier plant will be spent on automation which will eliminate many if not nearly all of the 800 jobs that will be "saved. They presently have over 1 million square feet of manufacturing space in Mexico where wages are one fifth what they are in the US. Absenteeism averages 1% turnover 2%. The manufacturing that will be done in the US jet engines elevators etc will require a much higher level of education skills and training than what is required of workers in Mexico. UTC has 6 billion dollars stashed overseas. They want the tax on it repatriated at a near zero rate so they can spend it on capital expenditures designed to create more jobs in the US. Yeah sure pal. We've heard it all before.

Oldfart

The entire issue was settled earlier today by Greg Hayes CEO of UTC during his interview with Jim Cramer of CNBC. The. money that will be spent at the Carrier plant will be spent on automation which will eliminate many if not nearly all of the 800 jobs that will be "saved. They presently have over 1 million square feet of manufacturing space in Mexico where wages are one fifth what they are in the US. Absenteeism averages 1% turnover 2%. The manufacturing that will be done in the US jet engines elevators etc will require a much higher level of education skills and training than what is required of workers in Mexico. UTC has 6 billion dollars stashed overseas. They want the tax on it repatriated at a near zero rate so they can spend it on capital expenditures designed to create more jobs in the US. Yeah sure pal. We've heard it all before.
The money was already taxed overseas, why do they have to pay about 30% in taxes if they want to invest it in American growth? The tax structure for American business has crippled their efforts to expand and grow. American businesses have more cash stashed than ever before because the tax laws are so unfair and they are not willing to invest because of the tax bill. That is why companies are incorporating in Ireland and are actually borrowing money to grow instead of bringing money from other countries. You can't go thru life distrusting everything and everyone. Just because you have been done wrong by someone, you trust no one and always believe the MAN is out to get you. You think you know everything about finance and business, yet you are constantly proven wrong by me and many other posters. Maybe you need to join another cause because your hatred and distrust of everyone in business has gotten you no where but frustrated.

FYI. Fedex stock hit 194.50. Yep, the stock you hate and said to sell and that would be back in the 30's at some point is steadily climbing. More proof you are an idiot when it comes to business.

Last edited:

bacha29

The money was already taxed overseas, why do they have to pay about 30% in taxes if they want to invest it in American growth? The tax structure for American business has crippled their efforts to expand and grow. American businesses have more cash stashed than ever before because the tax laws are so unfair. That is why companies are incorporating in Ireland and are actually borrowing money to grow instead of bringing money from other countries. You can't go thru life distrusting everything and everyone. Just because you have been done wrong by someone, you trust no one and always believe the MAN is out to get you. You think you know everything about finance and business, yet you are constantly proven wrong by me and many other posters. Maybe you need to join another cause because your hatred and distrust of everyone in business has gotten you no where but frustrated.

FYI. Fedex stock hit 194.50. Yep, the stock you hate and said to sell and that would be back in the 30's at some point is steadily climbing. More proof you are an idiot when it comes to business.
The stashed it in Ireland and other other places to get out of paying taxes regardless of where the money was earned. If you want to do business in the US you pay the taxes. As an employee of your beloved company do you have the opportunity to stash your GROSS wages in Ireland or Indonesia? As for the MAN. The MAN looks out for the MAN. As for your stock. I never said sell it. I only passed on important public information regarding an investment banks comments concerns involving the stock. Oh by the way. In it's December 2016 Forbes magazine named the 100 companies that it says that in terms of it's business practices does right by the United States . United Parcel Service was one of the companies included in that list of 100 but your beloved Fed Ex wasn't . How come? I know that you don't brain activity to answer such complex questions. So just do your best. I'll understand.

bacha29

The stashed it in Ireland and other other places to get out of paying taxes regardless of where the money was earned. If you want to do business in the US you pay the taxes. As an employee of your beloved company do you have the opportunity to stash your GROSS wages in Ireland or Indonesia? As for the MAN. The MAN looks out for the MAN. As for your stock. I never said sell it. I only passed on important public information regarding an investment banks comments concerns involving the stock. Oh by the way. In it's December 2016 Forbes magazine named the 100 companies that it says that in terms of it's business practices does right by the United States . United Parcel Service was one of the companies included in that list of 100 but your beloved Fed Ex wasn't . How come? I know that you don't have enough brain activity to answer such complex questions. So just do your best. I'll understand.
By the way. Where did you get your MBA ?if you are as mart as your arrogance you should have one from Harvard or Yale

Oldfart

The stashed it in Ireland and other other places to get out of paying taxes regardless of where the money was earned. If you want to do business in the US you pay the taxes. As an employee of your beloved company do you have the opportunity to stash your GROSS wages in Ireland or Indonesia? As for the MAN. The MAN looks out for the MAN. As for your stock. I never said sell it. I only passed on important public information regarding an investment banks comments concerns involving the stock. Oh by the way. In it's December 2016 Forbes magazine named the 100 companies that it says that in terms of it's business practices does right by the United States . United Parcel Service was one of the companies included in that list of 100 but your beloved Fed Ex wasn't . How come? I know that you don't brain activity to answer such complex questions. So just do your best. I'll understand.
You did say to sell the stock, saying it had maxed out and was soon to start falling because some misinformed broker rated it a sell and you believed him. You PREDICTED it would fall back to the 30's as a result of the TNT integration and the purchase price and associated cost were too high.

You continue to argue that companies should pay 15 to 20% foreign taxes and 30% in US taxes. How can anyone with any sense think that is good business sense. Well, you think it is a good idea so that kinda answered my question.

Oldfart

By the way. Where did you get your MBA ?if you are as mart as your arrogance you should have one from Harvard or Yale
No MBA for me. I just read and watch and learn from people that know something about business, so that rules you out, and try to apply just a small portion to my finances.

bacha29

You did say to sell the stock, saying it had maxed out and was soon to start falling because some misinformed broker rated it a sell and you believed him. You PREDICTED it would fall back to the 30's as a result of the TNT integration and the purchase price and associated cost were too high.

You continue to argue that companies should pay 15 to 20% foreign taxes and 30% in US taxes. How can anyone with any sense think that is good business sense. Well, you think it is a good idea so that kinda answered my question.
Show me where in previous posts where I said to sell it and that to would drop to $ 30 dollar stock.