1000 Jobs Saved...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'll go out on a limb and say they will still use the new plant in Mexico. They'll just keep this one too since the rest of Indiana is now footing the bill for its operation.

If you think that a tax concession = someone else footing the bill, wow. Just wow.

59 Dano

Actually those are probably a bad idea too. Municipalities and states bargain against each other to attract business to their location. The incentives aren't needed for a company to expand. Fedex isn't putting up buildings it doesn't need. They are going to build them anyway and they have to be local. Can't offshore a distribution center. Governments bidding against each other only dilute total tax revenue.

The winner gets additional tax revenue. The loser loses nothing.

vantexan

The same people who opposed Obama's attempt to stimulate hiring by spending gov money are now cheering Trump.
No, we opposed Obama spending money recklessly. Obama gave a lot of money to companies and gov't unions who supported him. The one that sticks out is Solyndra but there are others. Y'all start hollering "corporate welfare!" about Carrier but the Bush administration turned Solyndra down because they didn't see a viable business plan. So Solyndra gave a lot of money to Obama's campaign and he gives them half a billion dollars. Then they go belly up because they couldn't compete with the Chinese. Obama did very little to support business in general, but did give money to alternative energy companies like Solyndra which made his base happy.

bacha29

One fact stands out above all else. Trump has made extraordinary promises to the American people. Doesn't tell you how he's going to do because he doesn't know himself. The last person who believed that Donald Trump would be elected President was Donald Trump. If you noticed the so called Trump stock rally which was much more a rotational shift rather an influx of new money is starting to tail off. What does that tell you? The results will fall far short of the promises. GDP growth will be a disappointment, the deficit will be almost certain to grow setting off inflation. Don't believe me? Today Goldman Sachs announced that the US Federal Reserve it's wholly owned subsidiary will raise interest rates 4 times in 2017.

Bounty

One fact stands out above all else. Trump has made extraordinary promises to the American people. Doesn't tell you how he's going to do because he doesn't know himself. The last person who believed that Donald Trump would be elected President was Donald Trump. If you noticed the so called Trump stock rally which was much more a rotational shift rather an influx of new money is starting to tail off. What does that tell you? The results will fall far short of the promises. GDP growth will be a disappointment, the deficit will be almost certain to grow setting off inflation. Don't believe me? Today Goldman Sachs announced that the US Federal Reserve it's wholly owned subsidiary will raise interest rates 4 times in 2017.
He's not even in office yet and he's already delivering.

59 Dano

One fact stands out above all else. Trump has made extraordinary promises to the American people. Doesn't tell you how he's going to do because he doesn't know himself.

Good ol' bacha, telling us that we don't know what to expect from DJT right after DJT did exactly as he said he would.

Oldfart

This coming from the financial genius that said FDX stock was a bad buy because some broker downgraded it. Closed at 192 and change today and flirted with 193. Up over $45 year to date. You spew off about different laws and figures you read about and want others to think you are in tune with today's economy. You don't have a clue about the economy except for memorizing what others say. I would guess Trump is a good bit smarter than you about the economy and most anything else business related.

59 Dano

This coming from the financial genius that said FDX stock was a bad buy because some broker downgraded it. Closed at 192 and change today and flirted with 193. Up over $45 year to date. You spew off about different laws and figures you read about and want others to think you are in tune with today's economy. You don't have a clue about the economy except for memorizing what others say. I would guess Trump is a good bit smarter than you about the economy and most anything else business related.

Wait until he finds out that half of all workers' incomes are below average!!! ;)

Meat

So screw the working man and ship jobs overseas?

Actually, from your point of view, wouldn't that be a good thing? Ultimately, as history has demonstrated, your south of the border retirement plans will go, well, south. It will be much easier for you to get a job when your 70 if the US plants have moved to Mexico; I'm assuming hiring standards are lower.

bacha29

I believe that passing on important information from the people who will develop and manage policy beginning in January is more helpful to the overall conversation than your endless supply of insults and put downs which are nothing more than a testament to your own ignorance.

bacha29

He's not even in office yet and he's already delivering.
What was a thousand jobs yesterday is today down around 800 and rest assured in 2-3 years from now when the Trump administration has milked as much PR out of this as they can get and the media has moved on bit by bit a few at a time those 800 jobs will quietly move to Mexico.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
What was a thousand jobs yesterday is today down around 800 and rest assured in 2-3 years from now when the Trump administration has milked as much PR out of this as they can get and the media has moved on bit by bit a few at a time those 800 jobs will quietly move to Mexico.

They will trickle down.

vantexan

Actually, from your point of view, wouldn't that be a good thing? Ultimately, as history has demonstrated, your south of the border retirement plans will go, well, south. It will be much easier for you to get a job when your 70 if the US plants have moved to Mexico; I'm assuming hiring standards are lower.
And why would they go south? Fear of Trump has cratered the Peso. My $20k pension in Mexico is easily the equivalent of $55k here. Before getting snarky you should fact check.

Bounty

You and the rest of the Dems are going to spin whatever trump does to be negative.

bacha29

You and the rest of the Dems are going to spin whatever trump does to be negative.
Your party does exactly the same thing. By the way there's a bearing plant not far from the Carrier plant that is also going Mexico and the people there are asking why Trump isn't saving their jobs. Several hundred employed there as well. Furthermore special tax concessions like the ones given to Carrier more often than not have an expiration date. If that is the case with the Carrier deal as well then chances are all the Trump deal did was to simply postpone the eventual move to Mexico.

Bounty

Your party does exactly the same thing. By the way there's a bearing plant not far from the Carrier plant that is also going Mexico and the people there are asking why Trump isn't saving their jobs. Several hundred employed there as well. Furthermore special tax concessions like the ones given to Carrier more often than not have an expiration date. If that is the case with the Carrier deal as well then chances are all the Trump deal did was to simply postpone the eventual move to Mexico.
So, you are saying it would of been better for the workers and the country if carrier would of just closed the plant and left immediately? .......foolish!!!