135 Ballots are due - Vote No

Observer

If you haven't mailed your ballot from Local 135 yet - need to get it in the mail this weekend. Remember our area is going to get hit with even more snow and you don't want to delay your right to vote.
The tool allowance for mechanics is laughable. $100 for tool allowance per mechanic - are you kidding me? Where do you buy your mechanics tools?
Too bad the raise isn't $4.00 for 5 years like the previous contract. Too much silence from the international and the local hasn't help with making this writer convinced the brothers and sisters opinions and concerns are being considered.
Voting no has gotten the local riders better. I can't wait to see what Local 89 has for gripes- know they are pretty angry and justifiably so.
Remember if you don't vote - you're stuck with this rider for 5 years.
Getting tired of the yes junk mail - spending too much of our hard earned money instead of communicating to us.

Observer

Local 89's main gripe is part time jobs to full time progression - it takes 17 years + they are also concerned with insurance premium increases (aren't we all) and split shifts to name a few. Hope this answers your question. If you've ever had to wait a long time to get full time offered (this is for people who work in a big hub) you have a tendency to understand why Local 89 workers are frustrated. Out of 8,000 only around 800 are full time. That's why only offering 2350 full time positions in the new contract instead of 5000 like in previous contract is not a good thing. You get my idea - don't want to bore you.

Inthegame

Local 89's main gripe is part time jobs to full time progression - it takes 17 years + they are also concerned with insurance premium increases (aren't we all) and split shifts to name a few. Hope this answers your question. If you've ever had to wait a long time to get full time offered (this is for people who work in a big hub) you have a tendency to understand why Local 89 workers are frustrated. Out of 8,000 only around 800 are full time. That's why only offering 2350 full time positions in the new contract instead of 5000 like in previous contract is not a good thing. You get my idea - don't want to bore you.
5000 jobs? Actually the '08-'13 CBA called for 20,000 jobs, but that never materialized. Even if similar language was included UPS would claim volume loss, competition, or whatever...ignore the contract and the Teamsters would once again need to litigate to enforce, with questionable chance of success in these times. Louisville's 800 FT jobs are disproportionate to other operations in UPS land and many locals have "lost" 22.3 jobs that have been claimed by Worldport. Full time jobs will always be a long wait in a part time air operation.