177 vote this Sunday

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Referendum vote to put .30 cents per hour into the pension. Only full timers are allowed to vote. You have to drive to Newark in order to vote. Pretty good way to insure passing.

bluehdmc

I'm sure it's gonna pass, even if everyone you talk to say the voted no. Anybody close to retirement is looking for the pension bump. I just don't like the idea the company gets to keep the $.45 overtime moneys. That's going to add up to a nice chunk of change at the end of 5 yrs.

PigSkin

lmfao. yeah the full timers in local 177 don't work sundays, The Part-timers have been getting screwed for well over 3 years now by having to work Sundays.

bluehdmc

UPS is not Monday-Friday. If you want Monday-Friday go work for the state.

Had an old timer tell me the gates used to get closed on Sat and stayed that way till Mon morning.

Package car drivers work Mon-Fri... only Feeders and Sat air drivers normally work weekends.

Just went this morning. I was the one of maybe a hand full of young guys. I'm in my early 30's. I felt like I was at my dad's retirement party and all his friends were their.

The Milkman

Referendum vote to put .30 cents per hour into the pension. Only full timers are allowed to vote. You have to drive to Newark in order to vote. Pretty good way to insure passing.

They better vote yes , they will need it to pay for their upcoming medical benefits when they retire. It's a draw

The Milkman

They are more chances to get more pension raises in the life of this contract.

Could be better then a draw.

How much will the benefits increase is anyones guess but once the door is open little by little it will creep up and eat away at your net pension check each month. Not sure how you mean more increases in the life of this contract? Are you saying the Union will pressure UPS for more $$$ a yr or two from now to bump it up? After seing what just happened these last few months I doubt that would happen. If anything UPS will want more give backs to fatten their bottom line which History shows yr after yr without fail, without any care for the ones who earn if for them..

542thruNthru

Question.... Why are full timers the only ones allowed to vote?
Is it only coming out of there check? Sorry just a little confused.

bluehdmc

Question.... Why are full timers the only ones allowed to vote?
Is it only coming out of there check? Sorry just a little confused.

In Local 177 full timers are in the UPS/177 pension, part timers pension come from UPS. Yes it's only out of their checks. Referendum pass 948 to 178 or something like that.

How much will the benefits increase is anyones guess but once the door is open little by little it will creep up and eat away at your net pension check each month. Not sure how you mean more increases in the life of this contract? Are you saying the Union will pressure UPS for more $$$ a yr or two from now to bump it up? After seing what just happened these last few months I doubt that would happen. If anything UPS will want more give backs to fatten their bottom line which History shows yr after yr without fail, without any care for the ones who earn if for them..
Insurance part is a business. If it's projected (just fake #) to coast 60 cents on a hour a 40 hour week and it only coast 30 to 40 cents. The company would have pocketed the rest. Now if happens the locals (177 and the west) would get it. Which means bigger pension raises, pay raises or helping the retired with the healthcare cost.

The Milkman

Insurance part is a business. If it's projected (just fake #) to coast 60 cents on a hour a 40 hour week and it only coast 30 to 40 cents. The company would have pocketed the rest. Now if happens the locals (177 and the west) would get it. Which means bigger pension raises, pay raises or helping the retired with the healthcare cost.