19 year ups driver fired for flat tire in melville ny building

STILL WAITING FOR DISPROVEN HONESTY INFO REQUESTS TO SOLVE THAT CAPER. IT WAS ELEMENTARY MY DEAR WATSON. KANYE JR. SHIPPED OFF TO FOSTER TODAY, LET'S SEE HOW REAL HE IS GONNA KEEP IT OVER THERE. GOOD LUCK ZOID:grill:FELLAS TRY AND TAKE IT EASY ON HIM , TOLD EVERYONE HE WAS GETTING PROMOTED TO center manager, HEARD HE WAS MISTAKEN, ON-CAR INSTEAD, OOPS THERE IT IS.

he took pleasure in oversupervising our highest seniority driver on a daily basis, also has 30 years safe driving to his credit. Hope you gentlemen over in foster ave. Could teach him some manners and to respect his elders. This one's for you t

804brown

STILL WAITING FOR DISPROVEN HONESTY INFO REQUESTS TO SOLVE THAT CAPER. IT WAS ELEMENTARY MY DEAR WATSON. KANYE JR. SHIPPED OFF TO FOSTER TODAY, LET'S SEE HOW REAL HE IS GONNA KEEP IT OVER THERE. GOOD LUCK ZOID:grill:FELLAS TRY AND TAKE IT EASY ON HIM , TOLD EVERYONE HE WAS GETTING PROMOTED TO center manager, HEARD HE WAS MISTAKEN, ON-CAR INSTEAD, OOPS THERE IT IS.

If you are on the street, they will probably wait a few weeks , then agree to time served. Sucks but at least you would be back on the job. And now you say your center manager and on car have both been transferred. Hmmm. Seems like an opportunity.
If you get another chance you need to really dot your "i"s and cross your "t"s.

i have thick skin dannyboy but you've got a lot to say, tell me this , if ups provided a google earth pic of your home w/ gps cordinates claiming your diad was at that exact location after you returned home after work, knowing fully that you punched it out and put it in rack, then refused to provide any additional supporting evidence, what would be your reaction when accused of taking diad home overnight and only way ups could have achieved this was to have an employee bring it there or falsify documents to support claim. My family also resides at those cordinates and knowing i had no involvement with my diad being there at that time makes this personal. I will make it my business to get to bottom of it!

i'm far from perfect and i have accepted warranted discipline for prior actions, but when ups is willing to go the extra mile and commit possible criminal acts to frame you when all else fails , that's when i created an account to inform other members on this forum of these activities. When i return to work w/ new center manager , i will try to put this behind me and concentrate on doing my job instead of trying to not get fired.

thanks m , problem with whole grievance system is that 95% of drivers that have issues are afraid to file them and when they see what is happening to me , they offer support, ask for my help on to word them when i let them read mine, but still don't follow through and file. This makes me stand out and attract even more attention of my beloved management team, it takes a lot of balls to bare the brunt of oversupervision. They have been teeing off on me for 2 years, never had a problem in 17 years prior. I hope a new day is on my horizon with new c/m .

rod

Retired 22 years
thanks m , problem with whole grievance system is that 95% of drivers that have issues are afraid to file them and when they see what is happening to me , they offer support, ask for my help on to word them when i let them read mine, but still don't follow through and file. This makes me stand out and attract even more attention of my beloved management team, it takes a lot of balls to bare the brunt of oversupervision. They have been teeing off on me for 2 years, never had a problem in 17 years prior. I hope a new day is on my horizon with new c/m .

From my experience a new center manager usually comes in swinging. Beware and watch your backside

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
From my experience a new center manager usually comes in swinging. Beware and watch your backside

Rod, I got one of our new center manager's a large jar of Vaseline on his first day at the center. Think it would help YCHI?

YCHI, Im not worried about the thick skin, more about the thick skull.

I do find it so interesting that you think UPS would falsify records to fire you. Having your diad at your house is interesting. What was the reason they gave for you running off with it? And how did they attempt to say you went by the guard shack with the diad? After all, its not like you can stick it into your shirt pocket. And if you did have it there, a phone call would have taken care of it.

My experience with UPS is that they do try to eliminate employees sometimes. But I have not seen where there is no guilt at all on the drivers part for charges brought. There is always something done by the driver that gives the company reason to be suspicious. Now, just because their suspicion leads them down the wrong path in building their case, does not make them criminally dishonest.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
i'm far from perfect and i have accepted warranted discipline for prior actions,....i will try to put this behind me and concentrate on doing my job instead of trying to not get fired.
oversupervision. They have been teeing off on me for 2 years, never had a problem in 17 years prior. I hope a new day is on my horizon with new c/m .
Its not over supervision if you are doing something that you accept warranted discipline for. Its the company holding you accountable.

Again, I find your accounts of 17 years as a model employee suspect. There is no way you would be a model employee, then all of a sudden start doing things that UPS could fire you for. My guess is you have been doing as you please, and had refused to accept supervision, and conformed to what the company demands of its employees. And by your very posts, you have shown yourself to be someone that will insist on doing things his way, regardless of what the company wants.

So, maybe you can start with a new slate with this new guy. I hope so. But I believe the honeymoon will be short lived. You have proven you dont have what it takes.

d

804brown

i'm far from perfect and i have accepted warranted discipline for prior actions, but when ups is willing to go the extra mile and commit possible criminal acts to frame you when all else fails , that's when i created an account to inform other members on this forum of these activities. When i return to work w/ new center manager , i will try to put this behind me and concentrate on doing my job instead of trying to not get fired.

I hope that happens for you bro!! Good luck!!

804brown

Its not over supervision if you are doing something that you accept warranted discipline for. Its the company holding you accountable.

Again, I find your accounts of 17 years as a model employee suspect. There is no way you would be a model employee, then all of a sudden start doing things that UPS could fire you for. My guess is you have been doing as you please, and had refused to accept supervision, and conformed to what the company demands of its employees. And by your very posts, you have shown yourself to be someone that will insist on doing things his way, regardless of what the company wants.

So, maybe you can start with a new slate with this new guy. I hope so. But I believe the honeymoon will be short lived. You have proven you dont have what it takes.

d

"You have proven you dont have what it takes"??? Hmmm. That is a pretty strong statement for someone who is not too familiar with YCHTT's case!! Sounds like something several managers and DMs I have known over the years would say. Hmmm.

rama'nfeeders

I will stand behind you 100% as long as you are 100% honest w/ US! I am a Teamster member out of NJ and a 21 yr. member of the Teamsters! Anything I could possibly help SHOOT BACK ASAP!

QKRSTKR

The shop sucks. They never want to make road calls. If I feel the vehicle isn't safe to drive, I'm not driving it any further. I of course always call the center and talk with the center manager to make sure they know what is going on. I've had hand brake completely fall apart, shop says can't u chock wheels? I say "avoidable rollaway accident is dischargable offense. I'm not driving it anymore. Bastards brought me out a 5 cube for a 1000. Didn't have to do half my pu's that day.

Blew a wheel cylinder, brake pedal was going down farther than the clutch lol. Told master cylinder has a split well, I won't loose anymore brake fluid. Well that may be, but driving 6 more hours with the break pedal going to the floor is dangerous. Had center manager meet me on rte and he test drove. New truck brought out.

Bottom line, don't always do what the shop tells u. Get your management involved. It's also a DOT violation to drive on a flat, inside rear dual or not.

I know this guy has a lot of other stuff going on, but sometimes you have to hold your ground when talking with the shop.

upsgrunt

I know I've done it, and I'm sure many more have done it, that's accidently end up with the keys to the package car in my pocket when I got home at night. Does this mean I was trying to steal the package car? Of course not, but the point is that a simple phone call fixed it. I can't figure out how you could accidently carry a diad home, or why you would intentionly take one home, but it would be an easy fix. Like Danny said, what's the point, what's the intention, what's the motive?