19 year ups driver fired for flat tire in melville ny building

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hammer

Just out of curiosity, has anyone counseled the employee? It sounds like the only one that "cant handle the truth" is the original poster. It sounds like he intentionally brings some of the attention to himself, then wonders why?

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe it is.
I am pretty sure that I am -( and the route)-the oldest solo satellite driver in the State of Texas.
When I am on back wood dirt roads at 9'clock at night, and can not get cell reception, I like the ability to get myself out of the fix.
I carry a thirty pound bag, that I call my Bat belt.
First aid supplies, USMC trenching tool, -(to dig myself out if I get stuck)- and other sundries.
I prefer to depend on myself, before I depend on others.

That's why I have a lot of respect for you.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's why I have a lot of respect for you.

Do you fall for everyones story? Heck- I have people believing I'm old and retired when in reality I'm a young silver spooner who has never worked a day in her life. Isn't the internet wonderful!

Ibt804Hammer

Hammer

Just out of curiosity, has anyone counseled the employee? It sounds like the only one that "cant handle the truth" is the original poster. It sounds like he intentionally brings some of the attention to himself, then wonders why?

d

The poster has had 2 different stewards and 3 different business agents in 2 years so probably not Danny. He is more of a comedian and sort of reminds me of Jerry Lewis and has a battle ahead. There is one story with the center manager he didn't tell and that is probably why they want him which is a battle the poster clearly won. This is the building where the sup got busted taking the ipod last year so its still a hot methods building and he should be cautious of what he posts. Take that advice Mikey .

Braveheart

0nly two things to say. i know the original poster and hes legit. nothing he has said is made up that i know of and hes no troll. a little crazy at times, but he's bustin his ass as hard as any other driver in that center. and yes the gentleman in that video is a on car sup.

Ok, for starters, if that lady is so fine then Carla from Cheers is a super model.

I would be singing that song in front of him every single time I walked by him.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hammer

Shame people can not take good advice to heart. Ive had drivers with the same problem. Even after repeatedly getting their jobs back, they dont learn. After a while, it becomes a numbers game for UPS. HE has to win 100%, they only have to win once. And with that type of track record, in front of a neutral arbitrator, he looses every time.

Well, at least you have done your part.

d

satellitedriver

Sat driver,
Just out of curiosity, what happens when you call in sick or take a personal holiday? How do they cover your route?
Same as any driver.
A cover driver drives from the center.
They call me during the day asking questions and stop by my house later in the day.
I give them ice, water and set up their load and I listen to them bitch about how my route is over loaded.

satellitedriver

Do you fall for everyones story? Heck- I have people believing I'm old and retired when in reality I'm a young silver spooner who has never worked a day in her life. Isn't the internet wonderful!
Story?
PM me and I will let you come on down and stay at my house.
Free bed, free beer and all the comforts of home.
All you have to do is spend one day with me at work.
No one would ever know and those that knew would never tell.
You can OJS me, then report the truth to B.C.
I bought the trenching tool after having to use my hands to dig out my pkg car on a red clay road.
9pm, no DIAD-( I had to presheet and send it back to the center at 6pm)- no cell service.
I used my pocket knife to cut limbs and small trees to make a lattice work for the tires to grip.
It took me an hour and a half to get free.
Internet fantasy?
Nope.
My reality.
Come on down, if you think I am just a Peggy on the internet.

msg me hammer, sorry if I get carried away with the rants but after all the :censored2: I have been through recently at work, local 804 has backed me up too long and too far , just to get walked out for a month old flat tire. I promised Tim at arbitration hearing that day I would not let him down for all the support and representation local 804 provided to me, you know how I feel, I'm not going out like this, I'm on a mission.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Sat

I had a sup drop the lid to some fuel treatment into the tank. Thought nothing much about it. But within a day or two, I started to have breakdowns. The truck would just about stop. No power, top speed about 2MPH. The shop would haul the brand new 1000 in, and find no problems. I would be on it two days, then it would do it again. AFter about the third time, they showed me how to crawl under the package car and loosen some nuts, Prime it with fuel treatment, then tighten it again. Usually it would run OK for a while, and then have to do it again. AFter the first day, I had a set of coveralls in the truck, because it was a messy job, and some days it would be raining. .

After about 4 months of having to do it at least 4-7 times a week, they held it out, and dropped the tank. And sure enough there was the cap. Just big enough that when the conditions were right, it would cover the intake and stop most of the fuel.

HAving the coveralls also came in handy the day I got stuck going up a long drive, and the right side of the truck was 2 inches from a rock wall. Had to crawl under the package car to put chains on the inside wheel on the right side to get it out, then crawl back under to take them off. No way a wrecker could have gotten me out without damage to the truck

I also carried a back pack with a selected tool kit in it. Never had use for a shovel, but in east Texas, I could see the need.

d