19 year ups driver fired for flat tire in melville ny building

rod

Retired 22 years
I know I've done it, and I'm sure many more have done it, that's accidently end up with the keys to the package car in my pocket when I got home at night. Does this mean I was trying to steal the package car? Of course not, but the point is that a simple phone call fixed it. I can't figure out how you could accidently carry a diad home, or why you would intentionly take one home, but it would be an easy fix. Like Danny said, what's the point, what's the intention, what's the motive?

Wait til you get a little older and you catch yourself putting the milk in the cupboard with the cereal. The other day I went to get in my pickup and realized I was still carrying the bathroom towel I had planned on throwing into the laundryroom on my way out the door.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
log on later and you'll be in for a real hoot when i explain how i unraveled a poorly thought out caper by management to try and frame me for taking my diad home overnight and bringing it back next morning last week to no avail. I admit it is going to sound like some x-files stuff but w/ some nifty detective work and multiple info requests , i fully intend to prove with statements from fellow drivers that a supervisor conspired to actually bring diad past my house after work in order to secure a ups provided gps location document which may lead to a possible criminal investigation. You would think they would already be aware of my elevated moxy levels before attempting these latest hi-jinx, but no , lets try and frame this guy and screw up so he figures it out and we will have to backtrack to cover up an ill-fated conspiracy! Damm you defiant bastard if all else fails we will fall back on month old flat tire to walk me out after all i have been through! Not over my recently wrongfully terminated full of piss and vinegar way live body!!!!! Oh yeah anyone looking for some aspiring ups management entertainment log on to you tube and search videos for "hinton your so fine", he is a melville fulltime on car supervisor in my center. I will accept your thank you in advance, your welcome and rejoice

I can't find it on "you tube"
You take it down?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I know I've done it, and I'm sure many more have done it, that's accidently end up with the keys to the package car in my pocket when I got home at night. Does this mean I was trying to steal the package car? Of course not, but the point is that a simple phone call fixed it. I can't figure out how you could accidently carry a diad home, or why you would intentionly take one home, but it would be an easy fix. Like Danny said, what's the point, what's the intention, what's the motive?

Our satellite center drivers frequently take their DIADS home at night if they still have stops left to do after their trailer pulls. When finished they call the center to clock out, and then turn the DIAD in the following day.

JUST WANT TO THANK ALL WHO SHARED POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT. I'LL BE BACK TO WORK MONDAY WITH NEW C/M AND NEW ATTITUDE. HOPEFULLY I CAN MOVE FORWARD AND PUT THE PAST BEHIND ME IN THIS NEW POSITIVE WORK ENVIORNMENT. JUST SHAVED OFF MY BEARD, MADE THE OL' LADY HAPPY, SHE HATED IT. I'LL LEAVE OFF WITH SOME GOOD ADVICE, THIS JOB MIGHT BE INTOLERABLE AT TIMES AND LEAVES YOU DREAMING OF POSSIBLE CAREER CHANGES OFTEN, BUT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT ELSE THE JOB MARKET HAS TO OFFER, YOU WILL FIND THAT THE DEDICATION AND HARD WORK YOU PUT FORTH AT UPS IS WORTH IT, MANY PEOPLE ENVY US. :happy2:

upsgrunt

Our satellite center drivers frequently take their DIADS home at night if they still have stops left to do after their trailer pulls. When finished they call the center to clock out, and then turn the DIAD in the following day.

The key word in my post was accidently.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
JUST WANT TO THANK ALL WHO SHARED POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT. I'LL BE BACK TO WORK MONDAY WITH NEW C/M AND NEW ATTITUDE. HOPEFULLY I CAN MOVE FORWARD AND PUT THE PAST BEHIND ME IN THIS NEW POSITIVE WORK ENVIORNMENT. JUST SHAVED OFF MY BEARD, MADE THE OL' LADY HAPPY, SHE HATED IT. I'LL LEAVE OFF WITH SOME GOOD ADVICE, THIS JOB MIGHT BE INTOLERABLE AT TIMES AND LEAVES YOU DREAMING OF POSSIBLE CAREER CHANGES OFTEN, BUT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT ELSE THE JOB MARKET HAS TO OFFER, YOU WILL FIND THAT THE DEDICATION AND HARD WORK YOU PUT FORTH AT UPS IS WORTH IT, MANY PEOPLE ENVY US. :happy2:

Dang, here I was hopin for some kind of soap opera worthy climax...

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
BUT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT ELSE THE JOB MARKET HAS TO OFFER, YOU WILL FIND THAT THE DEDICATION AND HARD WORK YOU PUT FORTH AT UPS IS WORTH IT, MANY PEOPLE ENVY US. :happy2:
Im happy for you. Dont screw up this golden opportunity. In your case, most likely a once in a lifetime chance.

Good luck

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You

THere never were hard feelings from my end. As a steward, I found that a lot of driver problems were actually caused by the drivers themselves. So at times, I had to act like a father figure to counsel them so they would not continue down a path of self destruction. Sometimes that role needed to be a bit tough to get the drivers attention. Some might even think of me as an SOB. Thats OK, I know at least I did what I could. But as a result, the majority of the drivers still work at UPS. The others went their path, and ended up without a job.

I just hope you learned what you had to learn, and now become one of the best of the best. There is always hope, as long as the people are willing.

As I said, good luck, and let us know how you do.

d

menotyou

bella amicizia
Danny,
that is how I came up with my moniker. "It me, not you that has to go upstairs and try and save your butt because you did.........".:wink2:

browned out

MANAGEMENT CLAIMS PROVEN DISHONESTY FOR NOT REPORTING AUTO ACCIDENT AFTER DRIVER REPORTED FLAT TIRE TO AUTO SHOP IMMEDIATELY AFTER NOTICING ,HAD IT CHANGED AT LUNCH AFTER AUTO SHOP INSTRUCTED ME TO DRIVE ON REAR PASSENGER SIDE FLAT TIRE FOR 3 ADDITIONAL HOURS, BY BARNWELL TIRE. CSI INVESTIGATION BY MANAGEMENT OVER 4 DAY PERIOD TURNED UP NO EVIDENCE OR PROOF OF TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIM OF "IMPACT WITH STATIONERY OBJECT CAUSING DAMAGE TO TIRE AND RIM'. I WAS DISCHARGED ON WED. 3/23/11 , MY 6TH DISCHARGE IN PAST YEAR OF COMPLETELY HARASSING EMPLOYMENT. I HAVE FILED LABOR CHARGES WITH EEOC AND NLRB RESPECTFULLY. I WILL BE UNRELENTING IN MY PURSUIT OF JUSTICE TO RIGHT THESE WRONGS. PEOPLE I PROMISE YOU I WILL BE TAKING IT TO THE HOUSE, I'LL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!:biting:

This is why you need to record your whole day with your own recording devices. Dash cam and audio recorders can be purchased for under $300. Protect yourself

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Correct! I take my DIAD home every night. When I call in my daily stats they know exactly where I am. Will often take my break on the way home and am asked what I am doing off area!

First day back not to bad, almost forgot what it felt like to shake c/m's hand before going out on road, it's been about 3 years. Only sour point of day was trying to get a logical answer out of lady customer whom mistakenly ordered 70 cases of avon brochures instead of 7, it looked like preloader built a fort in my package car. After completing delivery I reminded myself that things could be worse, I could have been walking back to a truck with a 100lb. pail full of roofing debris digging into my shoulder while nursing a 10 penny nail through my foot injury, all the while 2 pallets of shingles awaited their rooftop destination via my shoulder and a ladder I swore was gonna slide off the gutter.............Hey lady next time make it even 100, I gotta handtruck and I know how to use it!