2 tier pay system, easy 100 or not?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They'd have to bribe me with more than a 5k signing bonus to get me to go along with that crap. You wave 10 Grand in front of my face, well that's a horse of a different color

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
anonymous; said:
They don't have a two tier pay system in Illinois. I would take he bet.

I know people that work in parts of Illinois that have a tiered pay system the new drivers top at out $25 now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

Why would 5k buy you out upstate your selling out every future driver and putting a huge target on the back of all the current ones. 100k couldn't get me to vote on a two tiered pay scale. Why because it's still even close to that amount of wages I'd lose if fired. Do you realize that $25 is about like you taking a 15k pay cut. I hope if it gets voted every new driver that starts at the lower wage beats the crap out of an old driver that sold him out and takes that signing bonus to help recoup what he lost.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
UPS has hired the bare minimum of drivers for the simple fact that they expect the 2 tier pay system to be in effect next year.
We will soon hear the demand from both sides ! We are about a year away and UPS does not want the threat of a strike to scare the big shippers away !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Truth be told I wouldn't need a signing bonus. I am realistic enough to know that if we hope to remain competitive with Ground we need to do something about our price point. This is not about selling out anyone--it is about ensuring our economic future.

Brownslave688

Truth be told I wouldn't need a signing bonus. I am realistic enough to know that if we hope to remain competitive with Ground we need to do something about our price point. This is not about selling out anyone--it is about ensuring our economic future.

I will agree a lot of this is Grounds fault if they paid their drivers more than the manager at quickemart this wouldn't be an issue. Ever notice how most of their drivers either look like 20 something's that just got out of jail or retired people that need some type of supplemental income.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why would 5k buy you out upstate your selling out every future driver and putting a huge target on the back of all the current ones. 100k couldn't get me to vote on a two tiered pay scale. Why because it's still even close to that amount of wages I'd lose if fired. Do you realize that $25 is about like you taking a 15k pay cut. I hope if it gets voted every new driver that starts at the lower wage beats the crap out of an old driver that sold him out and takes that signing bonus to help recoup what he lost.

Thanks for volunteering to take a 5 year wage freeze for the good of your future brothers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will agree a lot of this is Grounds fault if they paid their drivers more than the manager at quickemart this wouldn't be an issue. Ever notice how most of their drivers either look like 20 something's that just got out of jail or retired people that need some type of supplemental income.

You have to admit that from a purely business viewpoint the Ground model makes a lot of sense.