20 year veteran returning you drive after a few years away

Geitje

20 years of service takes a toll on body. Years spent away, I'm in best physical condition, weight and stress- free (single now, kids grown) and I'm in much better condition too come back and add years to my existing pension

F

Frankie's Friend

You were in the armed forces and came back retaining your employee id # the same? Is this correct?

Geitje

No, wasn't in the armed forces, but yes got old employee id back - XXXXXXX. So started a number of years ago - 1989

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

No, wasn't in the armed forces, but yes got old employee id back - XXXXXXX. So started a number of years ago - 1989
So you retained the years of service for vacation weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:

rod

Retired 22 years
Quick question - going back to work as full time driver after a few years of hiatus. Worked previously for 20 years, obviously at top pay then. Question: anyone know how my pay progression proceeds considering my previous service and now coming in "off the street" on a 6 and 1?

What the hell? Did you bump your head when you were off?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We have a 20 yr plus driver who had 8 yrs of teamsters work. Left for 5 yrs. Came back as a loader. Gains full time driver. Now has 25 yrs. Looking to retire early. The union informs him that the previous 8 yrs won't count. You better find this out. Or it's gonna really suck for you.

Tony Q

Quick question - going back to work as full time driver after a few years of hiatus. Worked previously for 20 years, obviously at top pay then. Question: anyone know how my pay progression proceeds considering my previous service and now coming in "off the street" on a 6 and 1?
You will start over at the beginning of progression. Your pension, you will have to re-vest.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will start over at the beginning of progression. Your pension, you will have to re-vest.

Your first part of that sentence is correct; however, the second part is not. As long as he signed a withdrawal card not only will he still be vested but he will not have to pay back dues and/or a second initiation fee. His pension will pick up where it left off.

UPS Preloader

Your first part of that sentence is correct; however, the second part is not. As long as he signed a withdrawal card not only will he still be vested but he will not have to pay back dues and/or a second initiation fee. His pension will pick up where it left off.

What does the withdrawal card have to do with the pension?