20 year veteran returning you drive after a few years away

Geitje

Quick question - going back to work as full time driver after a few years of hiatus. Worked previously for 20 years, obviously at top pay then. Question: anyone know how my pay progression proceeds considering my previous service and now coming in "off the street" on a 6 and 1?

542thruNthru

Quick question - going back to work as full time driver after a few years of hiatus. Worked previously for 20 years, obviously at top pay then. Question: anyone know how my pay progression proceeds considering my previous service and now coming in "off the street" on a 6 and 1?

Well if you are a new hire I believe you start all over and will not reach top rate for 4 years.

You start at the bottom just like a new hire.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How’d ya get fired?

Geitje

Withdrawal card? Not familiar with that. I was given my original employee# back and figured my seniority would be intact with company and union, but no building seniority...

Withdrawal card? Not familiar with that. I was given my original employee# back and figured my seniority would be intact with company and union, but no building seniority...
@RonBurgandy??????????
@Wilson1397

@Drunk ass
xT4uQDdDn09iW5Mvks.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Takes less than 5 minutes but it could save you from having to pay back dues and/or an initiation fee if you come back to a union job within your local.

john chesney

Can you elaborate on your hiatus? We’re you in the big house or something?

oldngray

nowhere special
The only reason I could see coming back is to add a few more years to get vested for retirement. You would be starting over as to pay and benefits.