2006 calendars

over9five

Staff member
Just got them today. I'm a little disapointed, they're usually quite good. This year they don't identify anyone in them. I always liked to think that was a real UPSer somewhere. A lot of people claim they're just actors. Maybe this time they are.

OK, Really I'm disapointed because once again......... I'm not in it!

Don't the customers love the calendars? Heaven forbid they don't get their UPS calendar this year!

PS...Forgive a dumb truck driver if he posted this in the wrong discussion group thingy...!

DS

Fenderbender
bad move

Our customers screamed for them every year,hell I never had enough for everyone.They were handy little buggers with cool pictures.Some people never forgave me for not getting them one.And thats just weird.Its like they didn`t get anything better for christmas.

iloadthetruck

I am mixed on the calendars. In the past they were very "homegrown" - you saw drivers working and the "marketing" was secondary, relegated to the text below the picture. It was nice to look at the picture and say "Wow!." Now the calendar still has nice pictures but the marketing message is dead center, and it's incredibly cocky. "Chew deadlines like candy?" "Let's be standouts in a world of wannbes." Who writes this stuff or talks like that? Sorry, but I don't think we should act like we're the greatest by being presumptuous and boastful. We should just say so.

xracer

I know for a fact that they are not or at least were not actors but actual employees. In the 90's they did a photo shoot on my area that was used in the calendar, they didn't use me in the calendar but did use another driver from our center, said that they wanted a female for that month, guess that I just wasn't photogenic enough.

U

Unregistered/rushfan

they're crap!

I saw them, I was let down. They are the worst I've ever seen. The previous ones had real ups people in them. The new ones are a joke. I won't hand them out this year.

xracer

We just got our calendars today and the people here were not kidding they are a huge letdown.. I tucked them between packages at all my pickup stops because I was embarrassed to deliver them..

rushfan

I take back my words...I handed the calendars out to my customers today. Yes, they were dissapointed.

Here are some of my thoughts:

January-what the hell? Picture of some hot lady asking "when do you want it" or something like that. Man the guys on my route went nuts. I can tell the advertising department wasn't thinking. Word to the ad department, Many people equate "it" to sex. Obviously you don't know that.

February-Mention something about eating candy. Who did you ask for that line?

All in all, I'll say what one of my customer's said. By the way he ships about 4,000 pieces this Christmas season, "where is the scenery".

Bad move Eskew.

traveler

Where next? Venice
As a retiree I just received my calendar today. This is the worst calendar I've seen from UPS. The bands accross the center of the picture... well, are just silly. My favorite is April. :ohmy: February takes the prize for the worst saying. The only decent month is December.

I never did like motivational sayings. My vote is :thumbdown.

A

an anonymous guest

I agree....I used to really apppreciate actual UPSers on the calendar. These look like staged scenes with actors...

Go UPS!
P71

Ms Spoken

Did you notice the mold on the ceiling or what looks to be a cheap plumming job I think it was for Jan... You would think UPS would Get the Big Picture for this calendar before they sent it out.

UPSmeoff

I also concur that they suck monkey nuts. I have seen 2 drivers in 12 years in my center make the calander. It was always fun seeing other drivers in different places....i always liked the Decembers. Neither i or my customers give a **** about some lady in a conference room.

iloadthetruck

If you look closely at January's picture, you'll notice that the computer monitor is not plugged in. (Empty power plug.) I guess that guy sitting at it must not use it too often. :lol:

over9five

Staff member
I was thinking for next year......

2007 ALL MIKE CALENDAR !!!!!!

January - Mike sitting at his desk counting his post-peak revenue.

March - Mike sitting on his desk wondering how to fool those drivers into believing they have to do 10 more stops in the same amount of time (again!).

June - Mike standing behind his desk wondering how many routes he can cut for the Summer.

November - Mike leaning on his desk planning for adding minimal helpers this Peak.

December - Mike hiding under his desk as irate customers wait and wait for their Christmas presents...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The calendar is the ugliest one I have ever seen. A couple of my customers actually gave theirs back, no one asked if I had any extras. Usually I hang one on my kitchen wall. Not this time.

traveler

Where next? Venice
iloadthetruck said:
If you look closely at January's picture, you'll notice that the computer monitor is not plugged in. (Empty power plug.) I guess that guy sitting at it must not use it too often. :lol:

Boy, I sure missed that and so did the people who produced and edited the photos! Good catch!

over9five said:
2007 ALL MIKE CALENDAR !!!!!!

Sounds interesting. The only thing I've seen that comes close to that is an item in my personal collection. It is a Christmas Card signed by General Montgomery. It features a picture of him sitting at his desk with a painting of himself on the wall behind the desk!

montecarlo12

I have always liked the UPS calenders. I get a couple every year and hang them inside my truck to the left of my bulk head door. There are alot of guys in my station that do the same. The calenders are perfect in size. I havent seen the 2006 yet but always thought the pictures were nice.