2010 Census. To mail or not to mail?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
first a letter.
then the census, which i mailed back.
and today a postcard saying that I would be getting the census soon.

What a waste.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Baba,
I got the census form, filled it out and mailed it. Didnt see any questions about running water or how much is your mortgage/home equity...
I wouldnt worry, everyone knows you are natural born citizen

sorry I did not reply sooner, just waiting for the ink to be completely dry before I post my B.C.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
sorry I did not reply sooner, just waiting for the ink to be completely dry before I post my B.C.[/QUOT

Yeh just got postcard reminding me that I received it. Alittle overkill - I will agree. Now they printed job flyers in the office for part-time census takers - I think they are paying $27.00 an hr. Want to apply with me!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Neighbor works at Census (inside) and offered my hubby a job at $17 an hour to go door to door.........told him that we don't work for Obama!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got a letter telling me I would be getting a letter, then I got two letters to the same addy to fill out, then I got a postcard telling me to fill it out and send it in. And I wonder how much of our tax dollars go towards Nascar advertisement on is it Greg Biffles car? A sport I know wont go well with the cap and tax, after all we dont need to race.

tieguy

Banned
And if Republicans were in charge, would my misguided Conservative friends be sending back Census forms in droves via "next day air", no questions ask, with Easter Seals and flag stamps decorating the envelope, chanting USA ! USA ! USA ! ...:raspberry-tounge:

I don't think this has anything to do with liberals or republicans so much as your personal belief system. I have not seen my copy yet but will mail it back when I do. As someone who is a big history / genalogy buff I'll do my part to ensure future generations can track my movements.

tieguy

Banned
Thats a great move , NOT !!

That will give the government more reasons to hand out more money for miniorty churches, and programs.
Besides, companies, cities, and states, will need to hire a higher percentage of minorities (based on percentage of population).

Do as you will, it's your country.

and you felt you needed to tell us it was our country?

moreluck

golden ticket member
WOW Dave that was a gutsy bet, too bad you lost. 33,985

So Moreluck, going to Vegas soon?

No, I think I'll be going to Home Goods and get some nice things for the home................love the "eye candy" there. I already P.M.'ed my address to upstate. I hope he has a postage stamp! How long do you suppose it'll take a letter from NY. to CA...................3, maybe 4 days?

No, I think I'll be going to Home Goods and get some nice things for the home................love the "eye candy" there. I already P.M.'ed my address to upstate. I hope he has a postage stamp! How long do you suppose it'll take a letter from NY. to CA...................3, maybe 4 days?
flying_pig_wt.gif
flying_pig_wt.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
A man should be as good as his word.

“Every man of courage is a man of his word.” - Pierre Corneille

"The only thing a person can truly keep is his word."